Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How many old school boxers might have used PEDS?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

all of them..... except for Duran

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
      all of them..... except for Duran
      Yeah, Duran's PED was Coca Cola.

Comment

Yeah Tyson was using

Comment

Comment

Drago introduced them

Comment

Originally posted by ~Big Smoke~ View Post
              Yeah, Duran's PED was Coca Cola.

Comment

Originally posted by Eg714 View Post
                I'm pretty sure in the 80s and early 90s everyone was using them. Most boxers in that era had unreal athleticism.
                I was always amazed at how so many boxers were able to go 15 rounds compared to the boxers of today who can barely make it to 12.

Originally posted by Reloaded View Post
                Lots its always been rampart in boxing because the testing is so weak , I know of 2 commonwealth champs that took dexamethasone before title fights and both were cut and did not bleed , commentators were saying how good the corners were , it was the dex , stops capillary bleeding like a tap being turned of .
                Thank you for the information I knew for sure many were involved with several different types of PEDS.

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                We will never know man...............thats why all fighters should be randomly tested year round
                I agree Larry.

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
                Baseball got introduced to PED's during the 70's. I'm sure that around the time of Leonard, Duran, Hagler, Hearns, PED's got big in boxing probably.
                Now that you mention it, In an interview Duran said he was weak making the super welter weight limit and was prescribed diuretics by a doctor to lose extra pounds. I believe diuretics are banned substances. This was for his second fight against leonard.

Comment

Originally posted by larryx2013 View Post
                  well Ray and Hagler were yoked on cocaine
                  yep. They used cocaine to get an energy boost and to numb pain, and they used roids for strength. This is why it's not fair to compare them to Floyd. HE's all clean, baby

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post

Duran admitted it himself that he would literally drink Coca Cola after every workout and meal..

Comment

hagler was probably roided out of his mind

he was never dropped in a nearly 70 fight career (slip doesnt count) and ate shots from the hardest hitters in the business...hell hes never even been rocked

on top of that he was able to go 15 rounds and could punch like a mule ...sounds like something out of a comic book

Comment

Working...
                      X