Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What does Kobe have to do to be considered better than Jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
    Nothing. To be honest the comparisons are very tiresome. Kobe is his own man and a legend in his own right.

People who say though that Jordan ****s on Kobe are crazy. Jordan trumps him in individual achievements and what not. But Kobe is a competitor and one of the most offensively skilled players to step on the floor.

Kobe could hang with any player in any era.

However, there will only be one Jordan period. No need to argue that.
    agree with you

Comment

He will never be considered on Jordans level unless he goes on a serious run here. The thing is, I think he has a chance with this group of Lakers by his side. If they can keep Odom and Ariza, they have a good chance because Bynum and Gasol will still get better.

Kobe is about the same age as Jordan was when he went on his run so it will be interesting to see.

Comment

Originally posted by lefhooktodabody View Post
        Nothing. To be honest the comparisons are very tiresome. Kobe is his own man and a legend in his own right.

People who say though that Jordan ****s on Kobe are crazy. Jordan trumps him in individual achievements and what not. But Kobe is a competitor and one of the most offensively skilled players to step on the floor.

Kobe could hang with any player in any era.

However, there will only be one Jordan period. No need to argue that.
        Jordan could stop Kobe, Kobe couldn't stop Jordan..

Comment

What does Kobe have to do to be considered better than Jordan?

First things first, he's got to win 5 more rings as the Batman of his squad. He's got 3 rings in the Robin role. I don't consider him close until that point.

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
            That's not true, Kobe had about 2 inches on Jordan and is just as athletic as Jordan was in his prime. Both are gret athletes and it would be a war if they played 1on1.

The difference between the two INDIVIDUALLY isn't as much as people think. Jordan just had a much better team around him for much longer. People forget it took Jordan 7 years into his NBA career to win his first title.

Comment

Kobe IS ALREADY THE OVERALL BETTER PLAYER..only idiots [and america is full of them] and people in denial would disagree..His individual scoring achievements are simply BETTER...Sorry mj fans dont bother with mj's AVERAGES that were kept up by his teamates..

The marketing team IS A BIG REASON why jordan is as loved..Kobe doesnt have Mcdonalds commercials being stuffed down people's throats TELLING them who's the best..Look at Wade and Lebron..the NBA IS TRYING EVERYTHING THEY POSSIBLY CAN to make them the jordan and bird of our era..Yet in China during the Olympics Kobe was literally a god while wade and lebron were 'just the other guys'..

While u seem the Marketing team building up wade and lebron as the hero's..Its Kobe who's selling the #1 Jersery in America...

Kobe can win 10 championships in a row and it wont make a difference...The world likes mj cause the older crowd now had mj commercials TELLING them he's the best when they were kids, WHEN ITS QUITE CLEAR that Bryant is the overall better player..The overwelming response TO THIS POLL CLEARLY and i mean CLEARLY shows how stupid the public really is...oh well..

Comment

Originally posted by reedickyaluss View Post
                Kobe vs. Bulls in 97 in 2 games
                26.5 ppg
                http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/players/...&type=Fielding

Kobe put up up 20+ in 2 games off the bench for Lakers against the Bulls. At times being guarded by Jordan and Pippen. Kobe was like 19.

He also went head to head with Mike in the allstar game.

I'll stand by my original statement that Bryant could play with any player in any era.

Before anyone tries to diss me I'm not saying that he's better or more accomplished than Jordan.

Comment

Kobe can win 20 more titles and he'll never be considered better than Jordan.

Jordan never lost or missed a basket.

Comment

Originally posted by goblin View Post
                    Kobe IS ALREADY THE OVERALL BETTER PLAYER..only idiots [and america is full of them] and people in denial would disagree..His individual scoring achievements are simply BETTER...Sorry mj fans dont bother with mj's AVERAGES that were kept up by his teamates..

The marketing team IS A BIG REASON why jordan is as loved..Kobe doesnt have Mcdonalds commercials being stuffed down people's throats TELLING them who's the best..Look at Wade and Lebron..the NBA IS TRYING EVERYTHING THEY POSSIBLY CAN to make them the jordan and bird of our era..Yet in China during the Olympics Kobe was literally a god while wade and lebron were 'just the other guys'..

While u seem the Marketing team building up wade and lebron as the hero's..Its Kobe who's selling the #1 Jersery in America...

Kobe can win 10 championships in a row and it wont make a difference...The world likes mj cause the older crowd now had mj commercials TELLING them he's the best when they were kids, WHEN ITS QUITE CLEAR that Bryant is the overall better player..The overwelming response TO THIS POLL CLEARLY and i mean CLEARLY shows how stupid the public really is...oh well..

I have to agree with this.

Comment

Originally posted by flipside View Post
                      kobe had a cd jordan didnt
                      jordan has a dvd

Comment

Working...
                      X