Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

First Rounds and Close Rounds should be scored 10-10 by default.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• First Rounds and Close Rounds should be scored 10-10 by default.

The first round is almost always a feeling out process with both fighters measuring and observing. Unless something explosive happens like round 1 of Vitali/Sanders,these rounds should be scored even as much as possible.

Close rounds where there is no clear dominant fighter should be declared even as well. The last few rounds of Bradley/Pacquiao were very Evenish to me and shouldnt have been placed on the same level as Pacquiao's forceful early rounds.

This is the only way to stop the robberies. Make the fighters earn that 10-9 instead of judges gifting hair-split decisions to their favorite.

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
    This is the only way to stop the robberies. Make the fighters earn that 10-9 instead of judges gifting hair-split decisions to their favorite.
    I like scoring even rounds too, but I don't honestly believe that's why the robberies happen.

Comment

I second this. A round in which a fighter clearly dominates shouldnt be scored the same way as one in which it is very hard to pick a winner.

Comment

In fact if someone has to win a round why not score a close round 10-9 but one that is not close 10-8. 1 knockdown 10-7, 2 knockdowns 10-6 etc.

Comment

We saw another example of this today in Wladimir vs Thompson: many gave it to Thompson when it was really just a feeling out round.

Comment

Judges used to score rounds even all the time. In an average 10 round fight 1 or 2 rounds would be scored even. It is only in the last 10 years or so that judges almost completely stopped scoring any rounds even and I don't know why. If a judge is not sure who won a round they should call it even, not guess at the winner or flip a coin.

Comment

Not many rounds are even, 1 fighter almost always does at least little more than their opponent it doesn't even have to be landing punches just being the aggressor can win the fighter the round.

Comment

There is no such thing as an even round. You have to score rounds 10-9. If rounds are scored 10-10 those rounds should be watched again during the fight by a second set of judges or a 4th judge before the decision is announced. Just my opinion.

Comment

Someone once told me on here that if you score a even rd it shows lack of knowledge on how to score. I think that is complete BS. Scoring is too subjective and a lot of rds a very close.

The rds shouldnt go to a guy based on a judges favoritism or the crowds cheers. If its really close score it even.

Comment

You can still rob a fighter if you score a lot of even rounds.

Comment

Working...
                    X