No announcement yet.

Boxing Class with JB: The Power of Punching

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Boxing Class with JB: The Power of Punching

What many people on this sight do not realize is that power isn't something that you magically gain. Everyone is born with the ability to throw a punch, some are better than others based of their bodies natural make up. With hard work, conditioning, and repetition, you can get the maximum efficiency out of your punches.

Something a lot of you don't know, is that power is the last thing to go in a fighter. Even though Marquez has never been a power puncher, we all can agree that he has to have some form of power to have as many knock outs as he has had throughout his career. Add in that he is a counter puncher, and he plants his feet to help generate power, he can EASILY knock out ANYBODY IN THE SPORT with a well timed shot.

Secondly, steroids do not give you punching power. It is impossible. Steroids do not make you a super human, they can however make your best more consistent by making your body recover faster and allow it to be put under more pressure. They can not, and will not, give you an advantage that goes beyond your bodies natural peaks.

Comparison I want to make to you all is about Barry Bonds and Juan Manuel Marquez. I am not saying that Marquez in on steroids, but I am trying to show you that being a counter puncher is kinda like being able to hit a baseball at 100 mph. Steroids didn't give Barry Bonds the magic ability to hit a baseball. It's flying at him and he has a split second to know its trajectory. Juan Manuel Marquez has the same job except he has a bigger target that moves around more often. Both of them have to put all their power into a counter to hit a home run (or a knock out). Did steroids give Barry Bonds the advantage of power via swing? No, in fact, the only thing that effected his swing was the extra weight he had behind it. His technique, and ability to read pitches made Barry Bonds a phenomenal hitter. With the consistency that the steroids gave him to stay healthy it was just a matter of time before he broke records. Marquez was still smaller than Pacquaio on the scales, therefore the power he had couldn't have been much more significant. He didn't swing any harder, his technique didn't change, but he still had that instinct that few people on this planet are born with.

Bumping this sensible post.

Comment

Rabble rabble rabble!

Seriously, though, good informative posts.

Comment

Thank you guys for the bumps. I appreciate it

Comment

Bumpskies for all

Comment

Working...
          X