No announcement yet.

do punches to the chest count

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• do punches to the chest count

i mean, if the guy is purposely going for the chest i might pick up on that and count it like a body shot
    but if it looks like he was throwing a headshot but it instead hits the guys chest(which, trust me, getting hit on the chest still hurts) should i count it? im at a loss

Of course it counts!..anything from rib to rib, waist to forehead and ear to ear counts..

Comment

Originally posted by .WaRCoTTo. View Post
      Of course it counts!..anything from rib to rib, waist to forehead and ear to ear counts..
      just doesn't feel right counting a punch intended to the head that is deflected and hits the chest, i dont know why

Comment

If it hits solidly, yes.

Comment

it counts, but it should be taken into account when scoring "clean, effective punches" for the totality of the round. . . so, for instance, if fighter A lands 13 punches, and 5 of those hit the chest, and fighter B lands 10 punches, but they are all clean head or body (intended target below the chest) shots, then fighter B should clearly win that aspect (clean, effective punching) of the round.

Comment

and also if a highly paid and liked fighter throws a punch and it comes close to landing or the movement of the dodging fighter makes it appear as if it hit but didnt...that counts too apparently..

Comment

but then if fighter A lands 17 punches, and say, 13 of those only land on the intended target, and fighter B only lands 8 punches. . . then Fighter A should win the round, or at least for the two categories of aggression and clean effective punching. . . four aspects of scoring - a) "effective" aggression, b) defense, c) ring generalship, and d) clean and hard punching.

i think even if punches don't land, but if htey are making your opponent retreat, and inhibiting him from throwing and landing back - that should count as effective aggression. . . however, you gotta then tally the "defense" aspect for the other fighter. . . ring generalship is probably the most subjective of the four. . . i apply the "what fighter would i rather be" rule to help with that aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by Ugh! View Post
                i mean, if the guy is purposely going for the chest i might pick up on that and count it like a body shot
                but if it looks like he was throwing a headshot but it instead hits the guys chest(which, trust me, getting hit on the chest still hurts) should i count it? im at a loss
                Are you serious? I mean you have been on this forum probably talking mad **** and you dont even know this

Comment

Working...
                X