Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

For The 1000th Time...Margacheato Didn't Break Cotto!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BoxerDood View Post
    Being more cautious doesn't make you ruined...Even Floyd was more cautious once he moved up to 147. Less combinations, more defense, letting the KO come instead of going for it, etc. I see Cotto as the same way. Don't forget, he was never a guy who COMPLETELY dominated everyone he fought. Torres had him hurt and probably could have knocked him out if he hadn't taken the fight on two weeks notice and even guys like Corley, Malignaggi, Judah and Mosley had him hurt. Mosley and Judah laid the blueprint with those uppercuts, Margo executed it and then Pac followed it afterwards.
    Agreed! Sometimes I really think the people that say Cotto is ruined are just hating on him or hating on PR in general. I mean Cotto can learn to keep his opponents off of him, no easy task, but look at Sergio. Plaster or no plaster Sergio would beat Marg this time around. As for the Floyd comparison....agreed, agreed, agreed! Good post!

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
      I've seen plenty of Cotto's fights. He used to not care what he was getting hit with, he had complete confidence that he would outfight or outbox you, didn't matter.

He does not have that confidence anymore. I don't see it in him now.

You obviously didn't watch the shane fight then. Cotto never dominated a good boxer. He has been hurt countless of time and even got drop a few times. He always been the same cotto, except there is a blue print to beat him now.

Comment

Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
        Manny Steward is being diplomatic by not getting into the plaster issue, he knows that if Margarito cheated once... he definitely cheated before especially for a fight in which he knew he was the underdog e.g. Cotto Fight.

Even Roach thinks Margarito has been cheating for some time now. Only sellout PRs looking for a pat on their backs by the Mexicans on this forum lie to themselves and pretend that Margo was 100% clean when he fought Cotto.

To base the rematch on the 1st fight that is QUESTIONABLE to say the least, is foolish. No way Margarito beats Cotto without his energy drinks and plaster-wraps. Looking forward to July.
        I understand where you are coming from, but don't get me wrong I think Cotto can win against Marg. I just think the same way as Stewart....bad matchup for Cotto!

Comment

Originally posted by D-Omonist View Post
          I understand where you are coming from, but don't get me wrong I think Cotto can win against Marg. I just think the same way as Stewart....bad matchup for Cotto!
          I hear you bro. Anything is possible but I am backing Cotto 100%. Especially after the plaster fiasco. I won't draw any conclusions from a fight that has a big asterisk attached.

Comment

you said he looks the same-which is false

but always has issues with pressure-true

he could beat manny with the right game plan-hell naw..not even close

can he beat tony in a rematch-not without clinching

Comment

Originally posted by BorderPatrol View Post
              I hear you bro. Anything is possible but I am backing Cotto 100%. Especially after the plaster fiasco. I won't draw any conclusions from a fight that has a big asterisk attached.
              I'm def backing Cotto 100%. Can't wait for the fight...

Comment

Originally posted by LarryX2011 View Post
                you said he looks the same-which is false

but always has issues with pressure-true

he could beat manny with the right game plan-hell naw..not even close

can he beat tony in a rematch-not without clinching
                I kind of agree with the clinching part, but Cotto does have the boxing skills to beat Pac. It's just that he won't try to outbox him...he will exchange with the little man, and most likely get KO'd in the process.

Comment

I kind of agree with the clinching part, but Cotto does have the boxing skills to beat Pac. It's just that he won't try to outbox him...he will exchange with the little man, and most likely get KO'd in the process.
                  sorry man but he doesnt..his defense is to leaky,his footwork is to slow,his handspeed isnt even close to mannys..manny is 100 times better

Comment

Cotto is one of my fav's bro.. but you underrate Mannys boxing skills. Manny is just on another level..

Comment

to say he can outbox manny when he just got his ass tore up is unbelievable man..seriously i like cotto but he aint on mannys level..not even close

Comment

Working...
                      X