Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

anybody here can atest benefits of plyo workouts?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• anybody here can atest benefits of plyo workouts?

They try to sell you **** on the internet I rather get your opinion. I trust you guys more than those "real people". BTW, I'm 14, is it ok to do high impact plyo workout at my age? Any workout suggestions are appreciated.

Plyometrics are much better to do at your age than weightlifting to be honest.

some tests suggest early heavy weight training cant stunt grown and cause odd muscle builds seeing as your body i just now starting to change to hormones.

if you want to build strength Plyometrics are your best solution.

you dont really need to buy anything just do some research and start out a little work out routine....im sure you can find a freebie plan somewhere out there.

plus if your considering boxing Plyometrics are a great way to train in explosive strength which crosses over to boxing beautifully

Comment

Plyos are great...look on youtube, I'm sure you can find some good **** there and you ain't gotta pay.

Comment

They are great, wish i had started doing plyometrics sooner to be honest.

Gonna get myself a kettlebell this week, been meaning to add that to my routine for a while.

Comment

Yeah. It’s good to be yourself. Same with you, I will try to do something. So I support your decision!

Comment

Ploymetrics are ESSENTIAL to amature boxing. yes at 14 years old its perfectly fine to be doing them. Theres a 14 year old who goes to my gym, and that kid has ****ing spirit. he keeps up with a lot of the adults. Granted, he is Tiny.

Comment

thanks all. can you give me some examples of those u use? i seen alot on youtube that i know are not for boxers

Comment

I started doing the Insanity workout to help my cardio. It's mostly plyo work, and it has helped a ton. I am able to spar longer and harder, hit the mitts longer and faster, and my coach has said my foot work has gotten a lot better. Just puttin that out for you. Take it for what it is, but there good add ons to boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by chef22 View Post
                  I started doing the Insanity workout to help my cardio. It's mostly plyo work, and it has helped a ton. I am able to spar longer and harder, hit the mitts longer and faster, and my coach has said my foot work has gotten a lot better. Just puttin that out for you. Take it for what it is, but there good add ons to boxing.
                  thx dude but i seen insanity and those are long work outs, can't do them because i'm hypoglicemic.

Comment

Plyometrics is perfect for boxing and other sports related activities because it builds sport specific strength, which is an explosive strength. It will help you to build more type II fiber muscles and increase your speed and rate of muscle contraction.

In all honesty, the only "weight lifting" that I think is necessary is floor work for the core, pull ups, and push ups.

Comment

Working...
                    X