No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: HBO Looking To Use New Technology on February 4th Card

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: HBO Looking To Use New Technology on February 4th Card

HBO Sports boxing producer Jon Crystal is seeking permission to use some new technology on the non-televised undercards of the blockbuster Top Rank promotion at the Alamadome in San Antonio, Texas on February 4.

[Click Here To Read More]

interesting, although I don't see how it can make the commentary better

could be good for post-fight stats/analysis

Comment

That would be kind of cool to see the force behind the blows, it is pretty easy to pick out who is throwing the more forceful blows but still it would be interesting to see the stats behind it.

Although considering the way people abuse punchstats for after the fact reasoning, I can see it now~ "but he the punches he landed where much more forceful, they should count for atleast 2 of the other guys landed punches there is no way he lost!"

Comment

Love the idea.

Make it happen. I'm fascinated to see if certain fighters hit harder than others.

Like if Maidana hits harder than Matthysse.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiozzo View Post
          interesting, although I don't see how it can make the commentary better

could be good for post-fight stats/analysis
          The commentary portion is exactly what I was just thinking about. All this will do is allow the Merchants and Lampleys of the world to get even further off point with their commentary. I am struggling to see how this little 0.2 ounce device is beneficial during the course of a fight. Maybe it could be a teaching tool for trainers after a fight in getting their guys to sit down more on punches in exchanges and training for their next bout. No scratch that...no trainer or fighter worth their salt needs an Ivan Drago/Rocky IV computer readout of force behind power shots. This sounds like a gimmick whereby the ABC is getting a 15% bird-dog fee for pushing this product on state run commissions with the two big networks getting a little slice as well.

Comment

I dont see how they can combine speed and force , they can be fast and soft and slow and hard , the speed would be accurate though .

Comment

they have this but they cant start using instant replay smh

Comment

......They should release a video of the device and technology in action.

It sounds interesting

Comment

HBO needs to create new technology just to capture the greatness of JCC JR.

You have to watch his fights in HD slow motion and even then you're only seeing 10% of what he actually does in the ring.

Comment

**** sounds too cool to be true

Comment

Working...
                    X