Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone else think Mike Jones would have been a better opponent instead of Tim Bradley

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Of course not.

Bradley is a much more dangerous fighter. Bradley is also more proven at the top level. Jones is very cautious and would lose to Bradley, he's also unproven. Look at who his next fight is against, the guy is still fighting guys that are more suited for prospects. Bradley has top 3-6 fighters on his resume.

Also, Mike Jones is a top 10 WW by default, 147 is so empty, so Jones stands out, but he really is not a top 10 guy IMO. He's a top guy because of the current WW's available. There's not much there. Paulie Malignaggi is more proven than him and he's some how over Paulie. I don't know how.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
      theres no argument. he won both those fights, and hell NO mike jones doesnt deserve a shot against pac.

im a mike jones fan. I even know the guy. he does NOT deserve a shot over bradley, plain and simple!
      Right here. End thread.

Comment

idk dude a 6'0 Mike Jones with a good jab and who stays on the outside and boxes compared to a 5'6 Bradley who like to brawl and pressure the type of opponent Pacquiao loves

Comment

He lost to Karass, he didn't look great in the rematch. I take it you didn't see how awful he looked against Lujan last time out? Mike Jones will do well to see past a near 40yr old Randall Bailey.

He in noway shape or form deserves a shot at Pac over the likes of Bradley. In fact I think he is one of the least deserving top 10 guys out there.

Comment

Mike Jones is highly overrated. Pac and Bradley would eat him up.

Comment

Arum would never put Manny in there with Jones, he is too tall and he would Jab Pac to death...that's why they picked a smaller guy moving up in weight.

Comment

Originally posted by Mayweather41-0 View Post
                idk dude a 6'0 Mike Jones with a good jab and who stays on the outside and boxes compared to a 5'6 Bradley who like to brawl and pressure the type of opponent Pacquiao loves
                LOL...he dominated Witter in his own back yard and dropped his ass, Holt loss by UD. Bradley will box circles around Pac...deal with it

Comment

Is this a serious question?

Comment

Hell no Mike Jones doesnt deserve a shot over Bradley. Back then they didnt know him and now that Bradleys hot they still dont know him. If he want a title shot hes gonna have to move up to 154 to get it.

Comment

Originally posted by SpeedKillz View Post
                      theres no argument. he won both those fights, and hell NO mike jones doesnt deserve a shot against pac.

im a mike jones fan. I even know the guy. he does NOT deserve a shot over bradley, plain and simple!
                      Did Clottey deserve a shot at Pacquiao? Or was that fight set up to silence critics who said that Pacquiao avoids slick Black fighters?

Clottey isn't even remotely slick!

Clottey has lost every major fight he's had.

In fact, will someone please explain how Clottey deserved a fight anymore than Jones does?

No argument that Bradley has better opposition than Jones, but considering that Bradley is a short jrWW and Jones is a 6-foot, long armed nightmare for a short-stature, shorter-armed Pacquiao, I think that he would have been a good choice.

Comment

Working...
                      X