Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone Who Remembers The Joy of Childhood Fads?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Anyone Who Remembers The Joy of Childhood Fads?

Haha, just thought about some childhood memories of the childhood fads I grew up around.
    Pokemon cards, marbles, pogs,GoGo's....
    those were the times..

I was too poor to get into pogs and GoGo's but when kids started playing with marbles and Pokemon cards was when I really hit it big.

I invented so many scams when It came to Pokemons.
    I went from getting a couple of worthless cards from some friend to almost having the most cards in the whole school.

One scam I used was selling "moon rocks" from the tv-show.
    "moon rocks" was basically asphalt lumps I picked on the way to school.
    Hahaha amazing how easily tricked kid was.

I would also trick young girls into giving me good cards in exchange for "cute" low lvl cards.
    The good card I got I would than trade it for 3-4 lower/medium cards than haggle the **** out of some other kid for another good card but for 2 pokemons instead .

OHH PLZ! I scammed so many kids and made them think they walked away with a great deal.
    So the kids would return to get scammed again and again.

HAHA one of the dirtiest scams I pulled, I bought some kind of worthless Poke cards at a gas station for 3 dollars a pack.
    I would trick kids into thinking they were straight from America and they hadn't start selling them in Sweden yet, so they were worth more than normal poke cards.
    This Scam did backfire when a kid realized he got scammed he went and cried to his older brother and I had to return his cards and compensate him a bit.
    I worked that scam for maybe a week until it drew to much heat.

It had come to the point that I had to give cards away cus I had so many duplicates

Sorry for a long post but anyone else have a similar story?
    Any memory of Childhood fad you want to share?

I had the pre pubescent equivalent of an ejaculation when i got Charizard.

Comment

Originally posted by Adam West View Post
      i remember everyone wanting that because it and had 120 damage. couple of weeks and nearly everyone had it.

i remember swapping a crappy condition mewtwo to kid for blastoise

machamp and mewtwo were the easiest shinies to get

Comment

Originally posted by Adam West View Post
        hahaha I got that card as well but I made a stupid deal and lost it.
        Did you ever get a shiny Pokecard?
        Have any funny tory regarding childhood fads?

Comment

Originally posted by Sick/ View Post
          i remember everyone wanting that because it and had 120 damage. couple of weeks and nearly everyone had it.

i remember swapping a crappy condition mewtwo to kid for blastoise

machamp and mewtwo were the easiest shinies to get
          HAHAHA I scammed a Shiny Machamp out of a neighbor girl for a fox(what ever they were called), than bragged about it to my friends(big mistake).
          Some idiot snitched me out and she told her her mom who knock on our door and made me give it back.

How did you get your shiny cards?

Comment

Originally posted by Mohammedini View Post

This Scam did backfire when a kid realized he got scammed he went and cried to his older brother and I had to return his cards and compensate him a bit.

you sucked his c0ck?

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
              you sucked his c0ck?
              ..gave him Some Pokecards.
              You have a sick mind sir
              Last edited by Mohammedini; 04-22-2012, 02:47 PM.

Comment

Always playing outside, no video games
                strictly imagination games...
                what I always remember is putting a
                shirt in my face like a ninja and tie up
                the sleeves in back of my head...
                always wanted to be a ninja...

Comment

Pogs and pokemon cards the good ole days.

I used to collect slammers. I used to play for keeps and had this one really cheap aluminum slammer with a killer whale sticker on it. I would lure people in because I had nice pogs, like the poison ones. People would see my pogs and my little kid slammer and think they would get some nice easy pogs. I mastered how to use the killer whale slammer. People would get desperate and start offering slammers when they ran out of pogs. I collected some badass looking slammers, lol.

I was poor when pokemon cards came out. I would receive free cards, like eevees and machops. Trade a few of them for diamond cards and a few diamond cards for some stars. I actually ended up with a decent collection doing this. No Charzards or anything, but I got some Flareons, Machamps, and other lower holos.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
                    Always playing outside, no video games
                    strictly imagination games...
                    what I always remember is putting a
                    shirt in my face like a ninja and tie up
                    the sleeves in back of my head...
                    always wanted to be a ninja...
                    Kids to day sit in front of their computer and rot their brains out.
                    I feel bad for them.
                    They will never know the joy of truly being a child....
                    Of using their imagination to entertain them self, to play with other...

Originally posted by Hous View Post
                    Pogs and pokemon cards the good ole days.

I used to collect slammers. I used to play for keeps and had this one really cheap aluminum slammer with a killer whale sticker on it. I would lure people in because I had nice pogs, like the poison ones. People would see my pogs and my little kid slammer and think they would get some nice easy pogs. I mastered how to use the killer whale slammer. People would get desperate and start offering slammers when they ran out of pogs. I collected some badass looking slammers, lol.

I was poor when pokemon cards came out. I would receive free cards, like eevees and machops. Trade a few of them for diamond cards and a few diamond cards for some stars. I actually ended up with a decent collection doing this. No Charzards or anything, but I got some Flareons, Machamps, and other lower holos.
                    Haha same here, I never bought a single pokemon card(except those cheap gas station cards I used to scam kids with).

in a way trading cards are an amazing training tool for kids...
                    it teaches them business savvy, social skills, entrepreneurial skills and spirit....
                    it was almost like an economy .

Status came with accumulation of the cards/pogs/fad items.

Comment

Working...
                    X