Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Zab Judah vs. Lucas Matthysse: thoughts and predictions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I got 15K on Zab pm me if you want to bet

Comment

I believe that Judah has recommited himself and trained hard for this fight. He looked good his last time out. He just needs to stay away from Lucas's power. Zab (UD).

Comment

Guys, who is favored to win this fight? Since Zab has been in there with the better opponents. I'm about to bet points on this fight but don't know what to do. Should a points bet be 50/50 or is one fighter more favored to win this fight over the other one? By going off this poll, it looks like the fans favored Judah. What does Las Vegas odds give this fight?

Comment

Judah takes this easily.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mighty FSM View Post
            To be honest I don't know what to expect in this fight. I haven't seen much of Matthysse--he might have a padded record. Judah is mercurial, so we don't know which Judah shows up. Plus he is older and we don't know how motivated he is or how much he has left. This makes it an "I don't know what will happen" fight for me.
            We share similar feelings. Lucas has power, but he hasn't faced terrific opposition. Check out his record on boxrec.

Zab looked renewed in his last fight. I don't say that because of his TKO victory, I say that because the commentators and Judah himself had acknowledged that he was getting rid of his "ghetto" image for his kids and whatnot. If he is really motivated and focused for this fight, he beats Matthysse.

And even before he decided to "clean himself up", Judah stated in the countdown to Cotto/Judah (waaaaaaaaaaaay back in 2007).

"If something doesn't spark me, if something doesn't excite me, I don't get up for it." ~Zab Judah on why he lost to Baldomir

He underestimated Baldomir and relaxed too much in the tune-up.

Well Zab, it's time to focus or you're getting knocked out.

He puts up a great effort and heart every time he gets in a big fight, though. (Mayweather, Cotto, Clottey). He'll put up a good fight. I'm pretty certain.

I agree that he'll always be a forerunner, though. Let's hope he beats Matthysse so the plot thickens at 140.

Comment

Originally posted by danny711 View Post
              I believe that Judah has recommited himself and trained hard for this fight. He looked good his last time out. He just needs to stay away from Lucas's power. Zab (UD).
              Zab looked good against a blown up LW.

Zab hasn't beaten a decent opponent since 2005.

Cosma Rivera.

You can blame that on fighting big guys if you want.

That's still a long time between decent wins.

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post

Cosma Rivera.

So you think Lucas takes it?

Comment

Originally posted by thephantom5 View Post

Cosma Rivera.

Zab's achievements have never matched up to his hype.

Comment

Originally posted by danny711 View Post
                    So you think Lucas takes it?
                    I slightly favor him.

1. Hes a legitimate 140 pounder who won't roll over for Zab.

2. Zab hasn't fought at 140 in 8 years. If hes taken into deep waters, will making weight affect him?

3. His last two fight were against undersized fighters that were fought at catch weights.(141, 143, 142)

Doesn't add up to a win for me.

Zab has to jump on him early and go for the quick knock out.

Yeah, I got Lucas stopping him late.

I hope I'm wrong.
                    Last edited by Evil Abed; 11-04-2010, 01:13 AM.

Comment

Mathysse will breakk Judah down, with hard left hooks to the body and head. Mathysse TKO8

Comment

Working...
                      X