Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pac vs Broner

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Those that are picking Pac haven't rationalized their pick because looking at the styles, there isn't much of an intelligent argument to pick Pacquiao over Broner except things like...

"He's not on Pac's level yet"

or

"He hasn't fought anyone yet"

Those are not arguments as to why Pacquiao would beat him.

Guys like JMM and Morales (Counter Punchers) have given Pac all he could handle. Imagine with not only a slick counter puncher, but a slick counter puncher with MORE power and speed than all of those guys would do?

Be rationale folks.

Comment

Didn't think there'd be so many votes for Broner. It's a huge test that I don't think Broner's ready for imo. But if the votes were public I don't think we'd be surprised at his votes.

Comment

Originally posted by mconstantine View Post
        If Broner fought Pac at 140 or 147, yes, I am almost certainly sure he'd have more power than Floyd at the same weight. Floyd was NOT KO'ing guys in the manner Broner is at the same weight. I am a huge Floyd fan, but Broner has more power. It's not even really even debatable.
        We dont know this as of yet because Broner has only had 1 fight at 135lbs. Nobody knows if he will carry that to 147 effectively, I think he should but we dont know that. The level of competition that Mayweather faced at 130 was much better than Broners 130 competition, and Mayweather beat better fighters more impressively. Look at Mayweathers comp at 135 and tell me how many of those dudes had been knocked out at the time Mayweather fought them? Its already written that Mayweather 135 run is better than what Broners will be, so just because hes knocking out scrubs doesnt mean he's more powerful. How are you measuring power? You dont think a 135 floyd could knock out demarco?

Comment

If Broner fought Pac at 140 or 147, yes, I am almost certainly sure he'd have more power than Floyd at the same weight. Floyd was NOT KO'ing guys in the manner Broner is at the same weight. I am a huge Floyd fan, but Broner has more power. It's not even really even debatable.
          so broner knocks out tiny bums and beats on demarco all of a sudden he has more power than floyd? floyd beating on gatti>>>>>broner beating on demarco

Comment

Those that are picking Pac haven't rationalized their pick because looking at the styles, there isn't much of an intelligent argument to pick Pacquiao over Broner except things like...

"He's not on Pac's level yet"

or

"He hasn't fought anyone yet"

Those are not arguments as to why Pacquiao would beat him.

Guys like JMM and Morales (Counter Punchers) have given Pac all he could handle. Imagine with not only a slick counter puncher, but a slick counter puncher with MORE power and speed than all of those guys would do?

Be rationale folks.
            I do agree that counterpunchers are Pacs kryptonite but just because hes a counterpuncher doesnt mean it would be effective vs Pac, and you cant say that because we havent seen Broner in with any fighter with the skill level and accomplishments anywhere near Pacquiao. I like Broner, he's very talented but to think this guy could have 1 fight at 135lbs, jump to 147'bs and defeat Manny Pacquiao is absurd. Who's really irrational. Pac has had 8 fights at WW and has fought guys who are bigger, stronger and punch harder than a 130/135lbs Broner. To magically say Broner will pack a punch at 147 isnt credible when he has only had 1 fight at 135lbs.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
              We dont know this as of yet because Broner has only had 1 fight at 135lbs. Nobody knows if he will carry that to 147 effectively, I think he should but we dont know that. The level of competition that Mayweather faced at 130 was much better than Broners 130 competition, and Mayweather beat better fighters more impressively. Look at Mayweathers comp at 135 and tell me how many of those dudes had been knocked out at the time Mayweather fought them? Its already written that Mayweather 135 run is better than what Broners will be, so just because hes knocking out scrubs doesnt mean he's more powerful. How are you measuring power? You dont think a 135 floyd could knock out demarco?
              Of course Floyd could KO every guy Broner has. But in the manner that Broner beat many of them? Probably not. Mayweather at 135 moved MUCH more than Broner does which made his punches less powerful. Mostly all of Mayweather's KOs were a result of an accumulation of punches. Broner fights flat footed and throws harder punches. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other. Broner will likely take more punishment than Floyd in the long run...but his style lends to more power.

You're right, we don't know for sure how he'll do at 147. But looking at Broner's frame now, I think he'll carry 147 just fine.

Comment

Of course Floyd could KO every guy Broner has. But in the manner that Broner beat many of them? Probably not. Mayweather at 135 moved MUCH more than Broner does which made his punches less powerful. Mostly all of Mayweather's KOs were a result of an accumulation of punches. Broner fights flat footed and throws harder punches. I'm not saying one is necessarily better than the other. Broner will likely take more punishment than Floyd in the long run...but his style lends to more power.

You're right, we don't know for sure how he'll do at 147. But looking at Broner's frame now, I think he'll carry 147 just fine.
                I can agree with this. I just need to see Broner a few more fights at 135lbs..

Comment

Would be a good fight, edge goes to Manny, wouldn't be shocked if either got ko'd.

Comment

Originally posted by MVOLT View Post
                    the only way broner would win is via robbery decision ala bradley-pac imo
                    lol agreed.

Comment

Originally posted by Architect View Post
                      I can agree with this. I just need to see Broner a few more fights at 135lbs..
                      I hear you man, but I honestly don't think it will matter. I know people are reluctant to give this guy his props yet, but you can look at this kid and see he's special. Total package. Everyone said "if he beats DeMarco, that's saying something"...and he did more than beat this guy, the top guy at 135. He destroyed him. I agree, he has some more names to put on his resume for sure, but I think as long as he keeps his mind right, this guy being at the top of the P4P list in the coming years is a foregone conclusion. Like I said in the other thread, the true test will be how he fares against awkward, tall fighting guys like Abril. And intelligent pressure fighters. Those are the 2 styles that if he can handle, I will crown him immediately lol. The guys who can adjust their style as they step up in class and fight different styles are the special ones.

Comment

Working...
                      X