No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Canelo Will Soon Head To Los Angeles, Camp For May 4

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
    My point exactly, he may have no defense but he (Angulo)is still a volume punching fool who poses more of a threat to this cinnamon bum then his previous touch-up bouts.
    That's clever. Cinnamon BUNS were very popular when I was a kid. Every bakery made them.

Comment

As Canelo sat in the locker room and watched his brother and mother sob in defeat he swore on that day that he would never face Trout.

Comment

I love reading Canelo posts just to read the comments..if only most of the people who want to see Canelo in some wars did the same for every other boxer not just ones they don't like or believe in. He'll face trout, in my humble opinion. I like trout if they fight to win,but trout stands a lot more to lose in the end if he doesn't win.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
          Everyone knows that Canelo will fight anyone that's put in front of him. Too bad that GBP has this protectionist attitude towards him and he gets the flak instead of GBP.
          As long as they're 80 yrs old and/or moving up a couple weight classes....lol

Seriously, the only thing we know for sure about Canelo is that he is talented. Nothing more, nothing less. If Canelo beats Angulo or Tout down like he did Lopez, or Baldimir (spelling?) then he will get his due props. Until then, he is a big question mark and by far the most unworthy "champion" in boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by onechance87 View Post
            hope its trout or angulo
            Are you serious? Angulo is slow and podding with exaggerated power, Canelo schools and stops the chump. I hate the hype that surrounds that fool. I'd much rather see Canelo against Trout or Cotto.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
              Are you serious? Angulo is slow and podding with exaggerated power, Canelo schools and stops the chump. I hate the hype that surrounds that fool. I'd much rather see Canelo against Trout or Cotto.
              I agree that Canelo should easily dispatch Angulo, but at least Angulo is a true JMW and if he lands then we get to see what Canelo can handle. Josesito Lopez was landing clean on Canelo but it tickled him because Lopez could barely KO a LWW, let alone a JMW.

Comment

Originally posted by Thickback View Post
                I agree that Canelo should easily dispatch Angulo, but at least Angulo is a true JMW and if he lands then we get to see what Canelo can handle. Josesito Lopez was landing clean on Canelo but it tickled him because Lopez could barely KO a LWW, let alone a JMW.
                Fair enough. Canelo's recent opponents have been a joke.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince_Pugilist View Post
                  Fair enough. Canelo's recent opponents have been a joke.
                  That said, I do hope it's Trout though. If Canelo wins, he can erase all doubt about him.
                  Last edited by Thickback; 02-10-2013, 11:06 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jri9d0 View Post
                    I don't know if I (or the majority) would be inclined to agree.

As a fan of the sport I want to see Canelo quintessentially tested and although Trout is more than worthy he isn't dangerous to the extent where he would make Canelo dig down deep. Angulo, though technically flawed would put Canelo's heart, skill, and grit on the line.
                    Austin Trout is a far more dangerous fighter than Angulo is at this time. I do believe that both fighters offer different looks concerning ginger though.

Concerning Angulo, he still has 1 punch stopping power. And regardless of how anyone likes to ignore it, the fact is ginger isn't hard to hit. Angulo would still be the hardest puncher & biggest fighter ginger has faced to date.

Concerning Trout, he'll be the best, prime elite fighter ginger has faced. He's bigger than ginger, faster, has better stamina, timing, footwork, defense, you name it, Trout does it better. The only advantage Trout doesn't have is power. But we still don't know who hits harder there either, if we're being honest.

Comment

it took two weeks after josesito lopez beat ortiz for team canelo to cherry pick him..but its been two months now since trout beat cotto and still team canelo don't know who they're fighting lol...hesitation much? it's obvious that they (gbp and team canelo) are scared to pick austin trout..

Comment

Working...
                      X