Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Amir Khan "I was too confident, I need to go back to the style which works for me"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Amir Khan "I was too confident, I need to go back to the style which works for me"

Great interview with Khan talking about Virgil Hunter, Freddie Roach, Molina, Garcia, Brook and Super Fight Promotions. Seems as if he's trying to improve his focus as a fighter, not getting overconfident and going back to pure boxing. With this change of mentality, Khan could have a real chance of returning to form and winning more world titles.

I agree with him.. He and Freddy had the worst gameplan in the history of boxing vs Garcia.. Roach should be ashamed of himself..

Khan had no business recklessly jumping in throwing 5-7 punch combos like Garcia wasnt gonna punch back or counter. He was definitely over confident with his offense and chin.

All he had to do to beat Garcia was stick and move to an EASY victory. Instead of throwing 5 punch combos, throw 1 or 2 and get out of there....dummy

Watch how cautious Virgil will have him fighting. It may be a little boring but he'll definitely be winning and not taking as much punishment

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post
      I agree with him.. He and Freddy had the worst gameplan in the history of boxing vs Garcia.. Roach should be ashamed of himself..
      Khan getting wild and exchanging had nothing to do with Freddie's gameplan. Khan has no one but himself to blame. He said boxing was "boring" to him. He fights with a chip on his shoulder and feels like he got something to prove. It will be his demise if he continues down that road.

Comment

Kell Brook needs too prove himself etc yet hes fighting Carlos Molina,

Comment

Ward's trainer has never boxed a round in his life..

I'm gonna laugh when Khan fails miserably again and blame the coach.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            Kell Brook needs too prove himself etc yet hes fighting Carlos Molina,
            Khan has much better opponents on his record than Brook, and Molina is more than acceptable, coming back from a loss.

But you did this to yourself - didn't Vitali just fight a nobody called Manuel Charr? lol

Comment

He wasn't just too confident. He was mindless at times. Mindlessly confident is something completely different from confident.

Comment

Why all this Khan hate? Dude fights everyone, Brook does need to prove himself. Khan is the man for going against all odds.

Comment

Originally posted by King Jaffe Joffer View Post

Khan had no business recklessly jumping in throwing 5-7 punch combos like Garcia wasnt gonna punch back or counter. He was definitely over confident with his offense and chin.

All he had to do to beat Garcia was stick and move to an EASY victory. Instead of throwing 5 punch combos, throw 1 or 2 and get out of there....dummy

Watch how cautious Virgil will have him fighting. It may be a little boring but he'll definitely be winning and not taking as much punishment

Wow let's all blame Roach here....Roach did a fine job with Khan, you can only take a glass jaw fighter so far, Khan should be happy he made it this far in his career...You really think Virgil is gonna make Khan into some boxer defensive fighter over night, Khan has got to be one of the worst defensive fighters out there..Sure he can pull of a win against an unproven lightweight, but he gonna eventually face a hard hitting welter, then its deja vu all over again...

Comment

Originally posted by FlatLine View Post
                    Khan has much better opponents on his record than Brook, and Molina is more than acceptable, coming back from a loss.

But you did this to yourself - didn't Vitali just fight a nobody called Manuel Charr? lol

Hes fighting a 5ft6 lightweight with a 35% K.O ratio against nobodies whose never sold ticket to anybody outside of a family member. Yes Vitali fought Charr, I thought that was a bad choice of opponent too....

Amir Khan has no title, hes coming off two losses, hes not even fought at welterweight yet, who the fcuk does he think he is saying Kell Brook needs to prove himself when he just sold out a 10,000 arena and beatt a top 10 puncher in Jones whose was coming off 8 K.O wins against ranked opposition?

I'm not sure who he thinks he is dictating, Brook is no 13yr old drunken yob in a carpark. He will flatout knock Khans head off.

He is in NO position to call the shots. I have said it for years, Brook DESTROYS Khan.

Comment

Working...
                    X