Collapse
No announcement yet.

Lilian Rosenberg from Jewish Boat to Gaza Speaks on Return to NYC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [HOLY S**T!] Lilian Rosenberg from Jewish Boat to Gaza Speaks on Return to NYC

Words from Lillian Rosengarten, U.S peace activist and passenger aboard the Irene, the Jewish boat to Gaza.

http://jewishboattogaza.org/?p=420

Yosh,

I have not been able to contact you until now for I just returned home. I chose deportation although I was very conflicted leaving Edith there. I felt assured when I spoke to the vice consul from the American Embassy in Tel Aviv who had brought 2 human rights lawyers one of whom was going to meet with Edith. I was extremely happy to hear that Reuven, Rami, Yonatan and Itamar were allowed to go home. Such wonderful people, now cherished friends. Glynn and Vish were also deported along with myself.

For me the deportation process was humiliating. Jew against Jew is totally against the dreams of so long ago, what we imagined how our beloved Israel would evolve. That dream was for me a safe haven, a country of compassion. tolerance for all, and a completely open society. I can imagine that Israel would have become a beacon of light for the world to follow. In this dream there would be tolerance for political difference. Now sadly, Jews have become divided against one another and it is no longer a safe haven.

We from the Jewish boat were treated as traitors and people to get rid of. We were not “good Jews, but “bad Jews” to deport without being allowed to enter Israel again. Only in Fascist regimes are people forced to think the same as one another . I experienced humiliation when arrested. I was not physically mistreated but emotionally, I suffered.

I suffered when the immigration person asked me if I was Jewish after I told him I was a refugee from the Nazis, the last generation to be able to tell the story. He wanted me to prove that I was Jewish. How was I to do that? And yes, how deeply humiliating. When I witness the Israel of today, I feel enormous pain. I was deported because of my human rights beliefs and non-violent actions. In detention I no longer felt safe or cared about.

I don’t even think it mattered that I am Jewish. Now I will not be allowed to return to Israel as the cycle of hate and fear goes on and on. Those of us who dreamed of a different kind of Israel can only weep.

Hugs and kisses for your wonderful work and support.
    Lillian

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
    Words from Lillian Rosengarten, U.S peace activist and passenger aboard the Irene, the Jewish boat to Gaza.

http://jewishboattogaza.org/?p=420

Yosh,

I have not been able to contact you until now for I just returned home. I chose deportation although I was very conflicted leaving Edith there. I felt assured when I spoke to the vice consul from the American Embassy in Tel Aviv who had brought 2 human rights lawyers one of whom was going to meet with Edith. I was extremely happy to hear that Reuven, Rami, Yonatan and Itamar were allowed to go home. Such wonderful people, now cherished friends. Glynn and Vish were also deported along with myself.

For me the deportation process was humiliating. Jew against Jew is totally against the dreams of so long ago, what we imagined how our beloved Israel would evolve. That dream was for me a safe haven, a country of compassion. tolerance for all, and a completely open society. I can imagine that Israel would have become a beacon of light for the world to follow. In this dream there would be tolerance for political difference. Now sadly, Jews have become divided against one another and it is no longer a safe haven.

We from the Jewish boat were treated as traitors and people to get rid of. We were not “good Jews, but “bad Jews” to deport without being allowed to enter Israel again. Only in Fascist regimes are people forced to think the same as one another . I experienced humiliation when arrested. I was not physically mistreated but emotionally, I suffered.

I suffered when the immigration person asked me if I was Jewish after I told him I was a refugee from the Nazis, the last generation to be able to tell the story. He wanted me to prove that I was Jewish. How was I to do that? And yes, how deeply humiliating. When I witness the Israel of today, I feel enormous pain. I was deported because of my human rights beliefs and non-violent actions. In detention I no longer felt safe or cared about.

I don’t even think it mattered that I am Jewish. Now I will not be allowed to return to Israel as the cycle of hate and fear goes on and on. Those of us who dreamed of a different kind of Israel can only weep.

Hugs and kisses for your wonderful work and support.
    Lillian
    She was treated as an enemy of Israel for siding with Israel's enemies? Man, she must have been so surprised!

Comment

So humanitarian aid workers are enemies of Israel because they seek to help people suffering from deprivation?

You've got a poor concept of justice.

Comment

Originally posted by DET. IRONSIDE View Post
        So humanitarian aid workers are enemies of Israel because they seek to help people suffering from deprivation?

You've got a poor concept of justice.
        No, because they seek to circumvent a military blockade instead of using channels permitted by Israel to get their aid to the people who need it. These flotillas have nothing to do with charity and everything to do with the politics of an ongoing war. You know this.

Comment

These Flotillas have more to do with Charity.

Anyone who believes otherwise is a zionist android.

Comment

Originally posted by Stones! View Post
            These Flotillas have more to do with Charity.

Anyone who believes otherwise is a zionist android.
            Don't make me call the Bear Jew!!!!!!

Never pay again for live sex! | Hot girls doing naughty stuff for free! | Chat for free!

Comment

Folks on this boat are zionists. They just think what Israel is doing to these people is wrong and illegal as per UN resolution 1860.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom Fighter
                You motives are obvious to everyone.
                You misunderstand. I wasn't on any flotilla.

If the motive was charity then these people would have been on boats to Haiti, or Pakistan. These flotillas are trying to stick it to Israel as a proxy for the Great Satan America.

Comment

Working...
                X