Sergio Martinez vs Gennady Golovkin won't happen because Lou Dibella is scared

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Dr Rumack View Post
    Why do you guys have to exaggerate?

Floyd just beat the WBA Champ at 154 and carried a 5 inch reach advantage plus 1 inch height advantage into the ring. That's not a tiny LMW you giant spoofer.
    they are a ****ing joke.

first floyd was a small welterweight now he's a small junior middleweight.

i hope sergio goes back down to 154 so we can see floyd go back down to 147.

Comment

Sergio doesn't need to fight Golovkin now because he's only beat one top ten guy. But some of the other contenders need to fight Golovkin to prove they're better than him. Why isn't anyone going after Daniel Geale for ducking, or Sturm for ducking (Golovkin was his mandatory after all), or even Quillin recently for ducking?
      GGG hasn't established himself far and away as a #1 contender, so it's excusable for Martinez to not fight him especially when he's not a draw in the least. The same can't be said for other lower ranked fighters who GGG can use to make a name for himself against.

Comment

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
        KO Proska and Ouma, you deserve a shot at the #1 MW and one of the top P4P fighters in the world. Sergio took on PW on short notice, gave him hell, KO'd him in the rematch, then beat Pavlik for the title. When Golovkin does something similar let me know.
        ^^^ this exactly

Comment

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
          Yeah Golovkin only beat Proksa, a Top 10 MW though. Who had Dzinziruk or Barker beat at 160???
          + Golovkin beat Dirrell and knocked out Bute in the Amateurs. He schooled Chavez Jr. and Canelo in sparring too.

Comment

if anyone deserve a big money fight it's Sergio.

Comment

It won't happen right now because it doesn't need to. Golovkin isn't in the position to fight Martinez. He needs to knock off Geale/Quillin/Chavez Jr/Macklin, and it's likely that even those guys won't fight him.

Comment

Originally posted by kiaba360 View Post
                It won't happen right now because it doesn't need to. Golovkin isn't in the position to fight Martinez. He needs to knock off Geale/Quillin/Chavez Jr/Macklin, and it's likely that even those guys won't fight him.
                Doesn't Daniel Geale want his belt back? If I were GGG I would be calling out Geale: "Hey Geale, I have your belt! You said you wanted it back right? Then come and get it!"
                A unification fight with Geale would make him the #1 contender (DG is far and out the #1 contender so far based on merit) could get him the Martinez fight and would vastly increase his overall demand as an opponent. In the meanwhile, he should be fighting decent opposition (Jan 19 date) no stiffs. Also, if the Pirog rumors are true, I could see the two fighting on HBO by mid 2013.

Comment

i dont think this fight will ever happen Sergio only has big $$$ fights on his mind and i dont blame him and Golovkin does not bring big money to the table

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Martinez doesn't want to prove hes the best even tho thats what he said in the past

His resume is full of euro-bums and he stay ducking and dodging the good euro fighters

HBO is also to blame because they have the power to force Martinez to fight GGG but they won't cuz they want that Martinez-JCC Jr rematch even tho its a complete farce because JCC Jr got humiliated in that fight
                    Martinez has already proved he is the best multiple times. What has Golovkin done? KO'ing Proska isn't going to do it.

Stick to trolling Floyd/Pac threads.

Comment

Working...
                    X