Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What kind of gloves would you guys recommend for sparring?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Left Hook Happy View Post
    Kind of on a budget but any recommendations would be nice

thanks in advance
    Im telling you, dont waste your money on anything that is not labeled ringside. You might pick up a pair of gloves by some other company for less but they will wear out quickly and be useless in short time compared to ringside.

I still have my first pair of ringside sparring gloves, still use them, their abit worn by now but I bought them 17 years ago. P.S. still have the super bag gloves that I bought in the same order as the sparring gloves. Their abit worn aswell but still very usefull.

Ringside makes good ****, plain and simple. The rest of these companies are making toys.....................Rockin'

Comment

how do you guys find out about these small companys?? Double A is pretty close to where i live and i didnt even know about them. 75 for white lace ups is pretty tempting.

Comment

Google, just looking up boxing stores :P.

Comment

Originally posted by Phenomkidd View Post
          Google, just looking up boxing stores :P.
          lol i like to look for small companys and could never find any using google. just used bing and it actually does have better results.

Comment

Lol, found any good ones? Don't hesistate to post em .

Comment

Originally posted by Chr0nic View Post
              20oz.............
              Nah Bro. 32 oz gloves. we dont want that f ucker moving his hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Joachim View Post
                Nah Bro. 32 oz gloves. we dont want that f ucker moving his hands.
                eff that man, go with Shevlin 60oz monster gloves... almost 4 pounds a glove.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
                  eff that man, go with Shevlin 60oz monster gloves... almost 4 pounds a glove.
                  what's the purpose of those gloves?

i'm being serious with that question btw

Comment

Originally posted by fdotorres View Post
                    what's the purpose of those gloves?

i'm being serious with that question btw
                    same as any weighted bag glove- endurance, the illusion of added speed when you're not fighting the added weight.

have some weighted bag gloves to help me keep my hands up & give me a slightly harder workout, but in general not a huge fan of adding extra weight.

heck, I'm to the point now where i think i'd rather stick with 14oz gloves instead of 16oz coz they fit me better and they're a more realistic approximation of fight gloves, while still providing good protection.

Comment

Originally posted by Pork Chop View Post
                      same as any weighted bag glove- endurance, the illusion of added speed when you're not fighting the added weight.

have some weighted bag gloves to help me keep my hands up & give me a slightly harder workout, but in general not a huge fan of adding extra weight.

heck, I'm to the point now where i think i'd rather stick with 14oz gloves instead of 16oz coz they fit me better and they're a more realistic approximation of fight gloves, while still providing good protection.
                      lol, i used a pair of everlast 10oz gloves to hit the bag, but gave 'em to my brother, so i bought 10oz fighting bag gloves, which are total bullcrap and left my hands feeling hurt after each training session.

now i have a pair of winning 18oz gloves, and it's fairly easy to get accustomed to that extra weight (in my case, it's almost double the weight). i still can't imagine training with gloves that are twice that weight...

Comment

Working...
                      X