No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Giving Hints About His Boxing Future

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Marquez Not Giving Hints About His Boxing Future

Juan Manuel Marquez fought with a broken nose before he knocked out Manny Pacquiao on Saturday night.

The Mexican, his face a bloody mess from Pacquiao’s barrage of lefts, came back from a fifth-round knockdown to win in the sixth round.
    [Click Here To Read More]

I hope he retires on this high note. It doesn't get any better than this for him. He won't be Floyd stylistically and he is too small for Canelo. I really hope Marquez goes out like a Champion and not like Morales (Which broke my heart).

Comment

Retiring on that note couldn't be any better, but surely he would be robbing himself of a couple more big money fights. That fight blew away my expectations, undercard was average but the main event was worth the cash.

Chill out champ!

Comment

Originally posted by Japanese Boxing View Post
        I hope he retires on this high note. It doesn't get any better than this for him. He won't be Floyd stylistically and he is too small for Canelo. I really hope Marquez goes out like a Champion and not like Morales (Which broke my heart).

I agree! This is truly the best way for any fighter to end his career. A convincing revenge on your rival after struggling to win 3 previous fights against him (and being given some controversial decisions).

Comment

Top 3 Greatest Mexican champions

Julio Cesar Chavez
          Juan Manuel Marquez
          Ricardo Lopez

I do hope Marquez retires after finally getting his most satisfying win over Pacquiao.

Comment

Agree. . JMM was already a future HOF. But to go out by knocking Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao out cold.. It don't get better then that..

Comment

I say it's a nice time to retire , 40 years old, has a nice job commenting on ESPN. ANd what a win to close a career. Best time to step away.

Comment

Originally posted by FightingWords View Post
                Agree. . JMM was already a future HOF. But to go out by knocking Manny "Pacman" Pacquiao out cold.. It don't get better then that..
                Ya know .. to make JMM's career about Manny Pacquiao diminished what he's really accomplished .. and his fans don't even seem to realize that.

First off, Marquez was one of the best technical mexicans boxers even if he never fought Pacquiao. This was apparent throughout the years as Barrera and Morales didn't want to fight this guy.

Last, this isn't the first or even the second time that Pacquiao has been knocked out. Its great that Marquez finally got official satisfaction, but real fans of his know that he won the last three fights against Pacquiao.

This was a great fight, just like the last three, but Marquez came in knowing that they would be trying to knock each other out and he trained for the task.

Great win, but nothing new. The fact that brawler Morales outboxed Pacquiao one time was enough for any real fan of the science to know that it was never Pacquiao's skill that was elite. It was his stamina, his ability to punch nonstop and a solid straight left hand that caught many off guard.

There were no legends written tonight. Its the fourth damn fight, for crying out loud. Marquez simply came to collect what he was owed years ago: The recognition of having beaten Pacquiao soundly. And he wasn't about to let three more assholes rob him of what he was owed a fourth time.

Bravo Juan Manuel. You took your destiny into your own hands.

Comment

Originally posted by Brother Jay View Post
                  Ya know .. to make JMM's career about Manny Pacquiao diminished what he's really accomplished .. and his fans don't even seem to realize that.

First off, Marquez was one of the best technical mexicans boxers even if he never fought Pacquiao. This was apparent throughout the years as Barrera and Morales didn't want to fight this guy.

Last, this isn't the first or even the second time that Pacquiao has been knocked out. Its great that Marquez finally got official satisfaction, but real fans of his know that he won the last three fights against Pacquiao.

This was a great fight, just like the last three, but Marquez came in knowing that they would be trying to knock each other out and he trained for the task.

Great win, but nothing new. The fact that brawler Morales outboxed Pacquiao one time was enough for any real fan of the science to know that it was never Pacquiao's skill that was elite. It was his stamina, his ability to punch nonstop and a solid straight left hand that caught many off guard.

There were no legends written tonight. Its the fourth damn fight, for crying out loud. Marquez simply came to collect what he was owed years ago: The recognition of having beaten Pacquiao soundly. And he wasn't about to let three more assholes rob him of what he was owed a fourth time.

Bravo Juan Manuel. You took your destiny into your own hands.
                  excellent post

Comment

Juan manuel marquez finnally got his due by knocking out Manny pacquiao it would be a great way to go out but he's a fighter and he'll be back he showed no signs of being old last night he took pacquiao's punches well and even after suffering a broken nose came back and won huge I think there is big money fights out there for him now not many because of his age but right now yes he should enjoy his family and rest well deseved juan.

Comment

Working...
                    X