No announcement yet.

Floyd vs Khan in December

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by 4Corners View Post
    With that said, if Floyd fights Khan coming off the Danny Garcia fight, it's a good fight, but nothing higher than a B-/B fight.

If Khan were to beat a Top WW first, it'd be a much better fight.
    So beating a Garcia will make you say,ready for a good fight against Floyd? Man, your standards are low!

Your second comment, I believe was just meant so that people would not say WTF about your fist statement ...

Comment

Originally posted by ADP02 View Post
      So beating a Garcia will make you say,ready for a good fight against Floyd? Man, your standards are low!

Your second comment, I believe was just meant so that people would not say WTF about your fist statement ...
      No, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a B-/B fight. Khan is still a prime fighter and a Top JWW. Did Bradley beating Abregu (who isn't notable at all) at 147 make you think Bradley would stand a chance against Pac???? No, but Bradley is still a Top JWW, and since he has fought at 147 once before, it's a better fight for Pac than if Bradley hadn't.

Same case for Khan. If Khan doesn't fight at 147 first, it's not as good a fight as it could be. I'd rather see him fight a Top WW first, whether that's Berto, Ortiz, Alexander, or even Guerrero (if he beats Aydin and looks good).

I'd rather see Floyd, of the possible and realistic options for December, fight Andre Berto if he beats Ortiz. He will have wins over Urango-Collazo-Hernandez-Zaveck-Ortiz, and would be the next best WW after Floyd and Manny.

Khan, I'd like it better after a fight against a Top WW. But, if it did happen in December after Khan were to beat Garcia, Khan would still have some solid wins against Top 10 JWW's. Kotelnyk, Malingaggi, Maidana, McCloskey, Judah, and Garcia, all Top 10 JWW's. It just makes more sense if Khan fights at 147 first, which is what GBP said it wants him to do.

Comment

Hold up, so the TS is saying that Golden Boy paid Lamont to cheat for the first fight... so he can test positive right before the second fight?

And Golden Boy/Lamont Peterson are doing all this because....Floyd needs a fight in December.

Comment

This is some of the dumbest shit ive heard in my life

Comment

No, but that doesn't mean it wouldn't be a B-/B fight. Khan is still a prime fighter and a Top JWW. Did Bradley beating Abregu (who isn't notable at all) at 147 make you think Bradley would stand a chance against Pac???? No, but Bradley is still a Top JWW, and since he has fought at 147 once before, it's a better fight for Pac than if Bradley hadn't.

Same case for Khan. If Khan doesn't fight at 147 first, it's not as good a fight as it could be. I'd rather see him fight a Top WW first, whether that's Berto, Ortiz, Alexander, or even Guerrero (if he beats Aydin and looks good).

I'd rather see Floyd, of the possible and realistic options for December, fight Andre Berto if he beats Ortiz. He will have wins over Urango-Collazo-Hernandez-Zaveck-Ortiz, and would be the next best WW after Floyd and Manny.

Khan, I'd like it better after a fight against a Top WW. But, if it did happen in December after Khan were to beat Garcia, Khan would still have some solid wins against Top 10 JWW's. Kotelnyk, Malingaggi, Maidana, McCloskey, Judah, and Garcia, all Top 10 JWW's. It just makes more sense if Khan fights at 147 first, which is what GBP said it wants him to do.
            I guess you were unable to answer why beating Garcia would make it a good fight (ie. Floyd vs Khan). No problem.

Khan has some boxing skills that he needs to work on first plus Khan needs to fight WWs in order for us to say, Floyd vs Khan is good. Fighting Garcia would not answer any of those questions. Period!

Comment

I guess you were unable to answer why beating Garcia would make it a good fight (ie. Floyd vs Khan). No problem.

Khan has some boxing skills that he needs to work on first plus Khan needs to fight WWs in order for us to say, Floyd vs Khan is good. Fighting Garcia would not answer any of those questions. Period!
              Aside from Berto, it's the only viable fight for December.

Khan has beaten 6 Top 10 JWW's if he does fight Garcia, and is in his prime, one of the Top 1-2 JWW's in the world. It'd be a legit/B-/B fight, but it would be far better if Khan fights a Top WW at 147 first to make it a better fight.

Going by your logic, Bradley, who's beaten 4 Top 10 JWW's and fought one fight against a decent Abregu at 147, is not a good fight for Manny right???

That's ridiculous though, because Bradley has seperated himself, next to Khan, as the Top 2 JWW's in the world and has a list of solid wins.

But if you want to keep talking s**t and starting crap for no reason, go ahead.

Like I said, Khan with what he's done at 140 would be a decent fight already, but he has to fight at 147 and beat a Top fighter there first to make a Floyd-Khan fight real good.

Comment

Aside from Berto, it's the only viable fight for December.

Khan has beaten 6 Top 10 JWW's if he does fight Garcia, and is in his prime, one of the Top 1-2 JWW's in the world. It'd be a legit/B-/B fight, but it would be far better if Khan fights a Top WW at 147 first to make it a better fight.

Going by your logic, Bradley, who's beaten 4 Top 10 JWW's and fought one fight against a decent Abregu at 147, is not a good fight for Manny right???

That's ridiculous though, because Bradley has seperated himself, next to Khan, as the Top 2 JWW's in the world and has a list of solid wins.

But if you want to keep talking s**t and starting crap for no reason, go ahead.

Like I said, Khan with what he's done at 140 would be a decent fight already, but he has to fight at 147 and beat a Top fighter there first to make a Floyd-Khan fight real good.
                Talking sh$t? You said that fighting Garcia would make Floyd vs Khan a good fight, not me!!!

Can Khan do good at WW? Possibly he can do very well but the problem here is that we having NOTHING to go on.

I agree with some things that you said but not that point (ie. ready to fight Floyd - with certainty) nor can we honestly know how Khan would do against a true WW ... So to fight Floyd as his first WW would leave way to many question marks.

Now just because Khan did good at 140lbs cannot translate to us concluding that Khan can do as good at WW .... and fighting Garcia will definitely not answer that nor let us know that he improved his boxing skills where he is presently lacking ....... that is part of my point ....
                Last edited by ADP02; 05-12-2012, 08:44 PM.

Comment

Talking sh$t? You said that fighting Garcia would make Floyd vs Khan a good fight, not me!!!

Can Khan do good at WW? Possibly he can do very well but the problem here is that we having NOTHING to go on.

I agree with some things that you said but not that point (ie. ready to fight Floyd - with certainty) nor can we honestly know how Khan would do against a true WW ... So to fight Floyd as his first WW would leave way to many question marks.

Now just because Khan did good at 140lbs cannot translate to us concluding that Khan can do as good at WW .... and fighting Garcia will definitely not answer that nor let us know that he improved his boxing skills where he is presently lacking ....... that is part of my point ....
                  I didn't say fighting only Garcia makes it a good fight. It's not like Khan has only fought Garcia and that's it, he's beaten 5 Top 10 JWW's and it should be 6 because he didn't lose to Peterson even on PED's.

And Bradley fighting Abregu at 147 can't mean we know that he'll do well at 147 against Manny, but it's better that he did fight there first.

If Khan fights a 147 and beats a Top WW or two first, it makes it a real good fight. As of right now, on Khan being one of the Top 1-2 JWW's in the world, it's a good/decent fight, but not what it could be if Khan fights a Top WW first.

Comment

I didn't say fighting only Garcia makes it a good fight. It's not like Khan has only fought Garcia and that's it, he's beaten 5 Top 10 JWW's and it should be 6 because he didn't lose to Peterson even on PED's.

And Bradley fighting Abregu at 147 can't mean we know that he'll do well at 147 against Manny, but it's better that he did fight there first.

If Khan fights a 147 and beats a Top WW or two first, it makes it a real good fight. As of right now, on Khan being one of the Top 1-2 JWW's in the world, it's a good/decent fight, but not what it could be if Khan fights a Top WW first.

Floyd has fought way too many fighters who have had very little experience at WW and you are ready to feed him another one?

Please let me know in total how many fights these boxers had before facing Floyd:
                    - Marquez at WW?
                    - Sharmba at WW?
                    - Ortiz at WW?
                    - Hatton at WW?
                    Total: ?????

Now you want to add Khan's name to that?

Comment

lol make it happen so Mayweather can embarrass him and the Khan hype can fukin go away

I think Mayweather knocks Khan Out!

Sorry but Speed alone is not going to beat Mayweather and Speed is all Khan has at this time in his career

Again like I posted in another Thread, WTF has Khan down that makes him worthy of a fight with Mayweather? Ortiz was at least in a Fight Of The Year Bout with Berto and because people was Buzzing about that fight it made Ortiz vs Mayweather SOMEWHAT interesting

If Mayweather dismantle the guy then the excuse will be "HE FOUGHT MAYWEATHER TOO SOON" "Mayweather fought a 140lbs fighter" blah blah blah and so many excuses will follow

He needs a extremely tough test at 147 and he needs to look good against at TOP 147 fighter...let him fight the winner of Berto vs Ortiz then the winner of that gets Mayweather!

Have no interest in this fight RIGHT NOW because I think it would be disappointing and Khan would look completely out of his League In and Outside The Ring!
                      Last edited by sicko; 05-12-2012, 09:04 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X