Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by (Fowler) View Post
    Fixed it for you Ts
    Lol...ok dude. Whatever you say.

Like I've said a number of times. I'm rooting for Cotto. I don't like Pacquiao much these days. But Cinder Block Boy seems to have ruined Cotto. That's just what I see.

Comment

Originally posted by javelin_fangs View Post
      I'm very far from a Pacquiao fan...just calling it like I see it.

I'm a fairly big Cotto fan (which may surprise some Mayweather haters on this board). But just look at the skills the two have. Pacquiao is better at just about everything Cotto is good at. The only real advantage Cotto has is his size. But then look in the corner...Roach will build a great game plan for Pacquiao. Can Cotto's corner build a great game plan for Pacquiao?
      Apparently they've been dissecting Pac's missteps from the Marquez fights. It shows they'll have a tactical point of attack, and they're not just rolling in there. Cotto's team also claims to have a B and C plan.

The one thing that I'm not reading too much on is, what backup plan does Pacman have? What happens if his speed is nullified? Cotto claims it won't even be an issue. That's a really bold claim to make and it's being said with a lot of confidence. He's not giving off that Hatton vibe of uncertainty.

Comment

U nuts???... Cotto should be the favourite TBH because he's a natural welter and pac is already a small JWW...

Comment

Cotto's trainer has been in his camp since before Cotto and his uncle got into it. It's not like Cotto pulled him out of nowhere.

Comment

Originally posted by johncods View Post
            U nuts???... Cotto should be the favourite TBH because he's a natural welter and pac is already a small JWW...
            Call me crazy...I think Pacquiao is a big 135 lber/average sized 140 lber.

The reason why I believe this is because even when he was fighting at 122/126 he weighed 140+ the night of the fight. Cotto has always weighed in the mid-150s the night of the fight. So, yes he's bigger, but if he's shot (and he looked shot in his last fight) a fighter as active and determined as Pacquiao won't let up on him. Again, just my two cents...

Comment

Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
              I say this only based on this one fight.
              Personally I think the trainers are the least of what will have an impact on the outcome.
              I do feel after Cotto wins he should consider getting a more reputable trainer because his competition will get harder.

Comment

You can't judge a fighter based on one performance. Everyone boxing vet knows this.

Comment

Cotto looked kind of shot against Clottey. Then you look at him on 24/7 and he's got love handles. You look at the corner and there's absolutely no comparison. Cotto has his boy in his corner. Meanwhile Pacquiao has one of the all-time great trainers, Freddie Roach.

Yeah Cotto is naturally bigger, but not nearly as much bigger as I think is commonly believed. Pacquiao is just as much of a warrior as Cotto and is probably more skilled; I know the Pacman is definitely faster and versatile.

Again, I'm really surprised that so many people think this will be competitive more than maybe 5 or 6 rounds. I, personally, think that it'll be good for a few rounds then one-sided until either Pacquiao stops him or takes a one-sided decision. Just my two cents...
                  Giving Cotto a zero chance is a total moronic opinion...

Comment

Do any of you really think Manny could withstand some of those shots Cotto hit Clottey with on the ropes? I don't, and Clottey is hard to look good against by the way.....I also don't think Manny's skills are that great either, his speed gives the appearance though of that because he can land and avoid being landed on much more easily because of it.

Comment

Originally posted by QUELOQUE View Post
                      You can't judge a fighter based on one performance. Everyone boxing vet knows this.
                      If a dude is shot...he's shot. You don't get it back.

That said, I might be wrong.

I do think a lot of you are downplaying the trainer thing more than you should. A good trainer is very important. It doesn't win a fight in and of itself, but hey a disparity this big is so rare in such a big fight.

Comment

Working...
                      X