Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Serious qustion: Why is it african-american isn't as ''black'' as african people?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Rocky. View Post
    GRRRRRRRR
    You gonna watch Chelsea-Arsenal play today?

Comment

Not all light skinned African Americans have white in them. I am guessing you are from Demark. Have you seen Somali people? A lot of them are very light skinned

Comment

Originally posted by Malcolm. View Post
        Not all light skinned African Americans have white in them. I am guessing you are from Demark. Have you seen Somali people? A lot of them are very light skinned
        The ones I've seen from Somalia and Senegal have a very dark skin color..

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
          Red eyes!? I didn't know that was an eyecolor.. Heard about Brown, Blue and green though. Got any pics?
          I meant the whites of their eyes are red, not their pupils... That would be crazy..

Comment

The average AA is about 12% white. This is due to centuries of rape during slavery, and now days from intermixing. Also, yes some black folk are lighter then others.

Jimmy Adams, 2 Jamaican parents, is very light skinned.

Comment

Originally posted by -Blackout- View Post
              It's really wierd to me. Usually when watching black american fighters like Roy Jones Jr, George Foreman and SRL they're lighter in skin than pure african fighters.. Why is it all African-american fighters doesn't have the dark color of say.. Antonio Tarver? It's a legitimate question i'm just wondering about..
              less exposure to sun less melanin, and it's been going on for generations therefore the skin color will go lighter, tarvers family is probabley still in the early stages

and there is no black skin color, just brown...really light brown-really dark brown

Comment

White slave-owners knocked up the black slaves.

Comment

...It has more to do with being pulled out of hot ass, disease infested, skin baking Africa for a life of luxury in the USA where they can have soft light colored skin. Additionaly, African-Americans can live the American dream instead of running around a jungle with a bone in their nose, dying of the HIV, or chasing a cargo ship in a rubber raft. The easier life gives the skin a less harsh look.

Comment

Originally posted by capt_sam View Post
                    The average AA is about 12% white. This is due to centuries of rape during slavery, and now days from intermixing. Also, yes some black folk are lighter then others.

Jimmy Adams, 2 Jamaican parents, is very light skinned.
                    ...Link please???

Comment

Only a few % have white in them. It's the environment and the lifestyle. Africa is hot, people work hard.....etc, people are bound to stay black. It's the same as American-Latinos being a little fair skinned than those who are in their native country.

Comment

Working...
                      X