Arum Trying To Force Cotto To Accept A Catchweight Or Go H2H

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by El Angel View Post
    Ortiz-Berto was not a CW.
    Ortiz is 1-3-1 vs top 10 type comp, with his sole win coming at a catchweight:

http://******.craveonline.com/blog/1...each-agreement

Berto, the WBC welterweight titleholder, and Ortiz have agreed to a catch weight of 145 pounds plus one, or in effect 146. That’s one pound below the welterweight limit.

Comment

it means.....he likes miguels ability to turn a ring into a wild west shootout to win but getting tagged and almost going out is not the way he'd like to see the man win

am i right pbf?

cotto has two things....hes either got trinidad or vargas syndrom

vargas while in trouble will just keep banging back and not tie up or anything which is what has lead to his downword spiral

trinidad although is able to get rocked and knocked down getting back up to go for the kill is what made him a legend

cotto is gonna have to either gain more killer instinct if he wants to be a trinidad
      or learn to tie up if he dosnt have the firepower to be a great comeback fighter
      The son of Trinidad & Vargas

Comment

If Cotto fights Canelo, i'd buy his PPV. Any one else, i'd have to just not buy any PPV at all. I didn't buy Pacquiao-Bradley, which was the first time I skipped a Pacquiao PPV since the Diaz one, and it felt good. I will stop buying Pac's PPV's until he fights Floyd.

Floyd's opponents are good in my book, i'll keep buying his PPV's.

If Pacquiao mans up and stops acting all "small" with his catchweights, and fights Canelo, or Cotto at 154, i'd definitely buy the PPV. If it's a CW, or a fight against Marquez or Bradley, I don't want to see it. Marquez already outclassed Pacquiao, and the Bradley fight was a draw and a fight I don't want to see again. The only fight I want to see Pacquiao in at 147 is with Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          The only fight I want to see Pacquiao in at 147 is with Floyd.
          You can't fight someone who doesn't want to fight you. Aks Floyd to grow balls first and tell him to stop being a pu$$$$yyyy.

Anyway Paqciao is done. You don't wanna see your idol fighting a washed up fighter, do you? Real boxing fans hate boxers who fight washed up fighters.

I wanna see Floyd fight Martinez before he retires.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
            You can't fight someone who doesn't want to fight you. Aks Floyd to grow balls first and tell him to stop being a pu$$$$yyyy.

Anyway Paqciao is done. You don't wanna see your idol fighting a washed up fighter, do you? Real boxing fans hate boxers who fight washed up fighters.

I wanna see Floyd fight Martinez before he retires.

LLS at the bold oh boy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
              its a shame his fans can't admit manny just isn't good at cutting off the ring or dealing with movement.

They can't have an honest debate. Like somehow admiting it diminishes manny.

Comment

Originally posted by Pin Galarga View Post
                Cotto told them to FUK off once and I hope He does it again. YOU WANT TO FIGHT THE 154 CHAMP, THE LIMIT IS 154 B I T C H.
                couldnt agree more my man!!

Comment

Originally posted by tredh View Post
                  Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                  its a shame his fans can't admit manny just isn't good at cutting off the ring or dealing with movement.

They can't have an honest debate. Like somehow admiting it diminishes manny.
                  There's a difference. I don't claim to be a real boxing fan. YOu on the other hand have nerves to say so.

Don't you wanna see Floyd vs Martines instead?

Paqciao is done. D O N E. Done.
                  Last edited by Bullrider; 08-23-2012, 02:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by KRAFTSMAN View Post
                    There's a difference. I don't claim to be a real boxing fan. YOu on the other hand have nerves to say so.

Don't you wanna see Floyd vs Martines instead?

Paqciao is done. D O N E. Done.
                    i want to see both floyd/manny and floyd/sergio. i just think its a shame manny's fans attribute his problems in the ring to things out of it. These are the same problems he's always had. Its just the clottey/marg/cotto style/level of fighter can't expose it like a jmm/tim style/level of fighter can.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
                      i want to see both floyd/manny and floyd/sergio. i just think its a shame manny's fans attribute his problems in the ring to things out of it. These are the same problems he's always had. Its just the clottey/marg/cotto style/level of fighter can't expose it like a jmm/tim style/level of fighter can.
                      I see why Floyd and his fans want the fight now. The playing field is finally leveled! Way to go Floyd! You're da man! You should be rewarded with hundreds of millions of dollars for fighting an easy fight!

Halleluiah!

Comment

Working...
                      X