No announcement yet.

I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I am trying to understand why Americans have the right to own a gun

I just don't get it. It's much easier to kill somebody with a gun than with bare hands. I think it's the single most important factor leading to more or more severe crimes. I understand people wanting to have guns if everybody has a gun, you would like to be able to protect yourself, I get that. What I don't understand is the law that allows people to have guns and why it isn't abolished already.

I can't wait to get a gun

Comment

It dates back to us gaining our independence from England. . . One of the main reasons we were able to win that war is because farmers and regular citizens owned guns, and banded together to fight off the English. . . (of course the French helped, and other factors, but this was one of hte reasons).

There was several isntances of English "taking over" American's houses to use as their own during the war - kiling the husband, raping the wife, killing the kids, etc. .

So, when our constitution was written, the founding fathers wanted to ensure that EACH INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN would be able to defend themselves against any kind of "government tyranny", and attempt to claim their homes, lands, etc.

Comment

I would like a gun so that I can have a shoot with heat27 when he also gets a gun.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
          I would like a gun so that I can have a shoot with heat27 when he also gets a gun.
          Sounds good........

Comment

We have a lot of cowards in America. Nobody wants to get their hands dirty.

Comment

Originally posted by UglyPug View Post
              It dates back to us gaining our independence from England. . . One of the main reasons we were able to win that war is because farmers and regular citizens owned guns, and banded together to fight off the English. . . (of course the French helped, and other factors, but this was one of hte reasons).

There was several isntances of English "taking over" American's houses to use as their own during the war - kiling the husband, raping the wife, killing the kids, etc. .

So, when our constitution was written, the founding fathers wanted to ensure that EACH INDIVIDUAL CITIZEN would be able to defend themselves against any kind of "government tyranny", and attempt to claim their homes, lands, etc.

Ok, thank you for that, great explanation!

What's the purpose of it now though, it seems like does more harm than good.

Comment

Originally posted by Trigg Happpy! View Post
                We have a lot of cowards in America. Nobody wants to get their hands dirty.
                I live in Canada and I know that almost all of the guns here come illegally from the States. I would imagine in Mexico is times 1000 seeing the amount of dead people and bullet holes all over the country

Comment

Originally posted by heat27 View Post
                  Sounds good........
                  We will shoot Red Sox fans.

Comment

Originally posted by EngorgedW/Blood View Post
                    We will shoot Red Sox fans.
                    Lol no doubt

Comment

Working...
                    X