No announcement yet.

Hopkins is slightly right because Pacquaio blatantly ducked Zahir Raheem

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by street bully View Post
    You see Howard look like a prime Shaq last night?

i have him on my squad...its about time the old Dwight started to show up

you seen Kevin Love? he's out-dwighting dwight....dude is a beast...had another 30 and 20 game last night

Comment

Originally posted by sigrab jr View Post
      He did duck him.

Listen to Lampley too, he called it before it ever happened. "No, I don't think Pacquiao will fight Raheem."

oh, NOW we go by what Jim Lampley said

i guess he's right in that Floyd is just waiting for PAC to slow down then right?

and seriously, if you REALLY believe that then i made a huge overestimation of your analytical thinking...

Comment

Originally posted by -pound4pound- View Post
        i have him on my squad...its about time the old Dwight started to show up

you seen Kevin Love? he's out-dwighting dwight....dude is a beast...had another 30 and 20 game last night
        Kevin Love is beasting this year. The heat need to get rid of bosh.

Comment

Zaheer Raheem, Nate Campbell, Juan Diaz all come to mind.

This one may be completely overlooked but Too Sharp Mark Johnson was the best Flyweight when Pacquiao was at that weight. That fight never happened.

Paulie Ayala was the universally recognized champ at 122 when Pac fought there. He fit into the slick boxer catagory and Pac never fought him.

Comment

Originally posted by cupocity303 View Post
            Zaheer Raheem, Nate Campbell, Juan Diaz all come to mind.

This one may be completely overlooked but Too Sharp Mark Johnson was the best Flyweight when Pacquiao was at that weight. That fight never happened.

Paulie Ayala was the universally recognized champ at 122 when Pac fought there. He fit into the slick boxer catagory and Pac never fought him.

Mark Johnson? at Flyweight? you think that PAC avoided getting an EARLIER ticket to the US to avoid Mark Johnson at Flyweight?

he had that kind of clout already? Did Mark Johnson even KNOW who he was?

as for Ayala, so fighting a bigger, more dangerous Barrera he ducked Paulie Ayala?

oooooookaaaay

Comment

Mark Johnson? at Flyweight? you think that PAC avoided getting an EARLIER ticket to the US to avoid Mark Johnson at Flyweight?

he had that kind of clout already? Did Mark Johnson even KNOW who he was?

as for Ayala, so fighting a bigger, more dangerous Barrera he ducked Paulie Ayala?

oooooookaaaay
              I'm just stating the facts of who he missed while coming through the weight classes, not why these fights didn't happen. Don't get your panties twisted with these knee jerk emotional reactions.

Paulie Ayala was the WBA Bantamweight Champion during 1999-2000, making three title defenses and then moved up to Featherweight and lost to Morales. During that same time frame, Pacquiao skipped Banamweight altogether and went straight for Super-Bantamweight against non-slick fighters. This is the only time he skipped a division to get himself a title.

Comment

I'm just stating the facts of who he missed while coming through the weight classes, not why these fights didn't happen. Don't get your panties twisted with these knee jerk emotional reactions.

Paulie Ayala was the WBA Bantamweight Champion during 1999-2000, making three title defenses and then moved up to Featherweight and lost to Morales. During that same time frame, Pacquiao skipped Banamweight altogether and went straight for Super-Bantamweight against non-slick fighters. This is the only time he skipped a division to get himself a title.

you're not stating facts, you're grasping at straws and expanding on what-ifs

you're talking about a Manny Pacquaio that had ZERO pull nor clout and would have fought Lennox Lewis just to get the US audience to look at him

Comment

Originally posted by Walterson View Post
                  Look at Pacquaio's face at 9:20 and 9:01 after finding out Morales lost to Raheem.

He then goes on to fight a weight drained Morales, lol.

wow, what an orignal thread.

Comment

you're not stating facts, you're grasping at straws and expanding on what-ifs

you're talking about a Manny Pacquaio that had ZERO pull nor clout and would have fought Lennox Lewis just to get the US audience to look at him
                    Him facing Lennox just to get the U.S. to look at him is a what IF.

That's you making a opinion on a assumption. I too have a assumption, he was coming off of a KO loss to a undefeated Thai fighter, who took his Flyweight belt from him. He was in rebuild mode and his people took a look at Paulie Ayala and didn't want Pacquiao to go against that type of style after such a KO loss.

So they positioned him to move up from Flyweight to Super-Bantamweight, where guys like Naddal Husssein, Ledwaba and Agaptito Sanchez were tailor made for him. In return he got himself IBF and WBO Super-Bantamweight World Titles and was back on track fighting on undercards of Bigtime American Pay-Pay-Views. And it paid off until Barrera came calling.

Comment

Him facing Lennox just to get the U.S. to look at him is a what IF.

That's you making a opinion on a assumption. I too have a assumption, he was coming off of a KO loss to a undefeated Thai fighter, who took his Flyweight belt from him. He was in rebuild mode and his people took a look at Paulie Ayala and didn't want Pacquiao to go against that type of style after such a KO loss.

So they positioned him to move up from Flyweight to Super-Bantamweight, where guys like Naddal Husssein, Ledwaba and Agaptito Sanchez were tailor made for him. In return he got himself IBF and WBO Super-Bantamweight World Titles and was back on track fighting on undercards of Bigtime American Pay-Pay-Views. And it paid off until Barrera came calling.

so a nobody at superbantam has the clout to avoid Ayala? did Ayala even mention PAC as a possible opponent?

and did you even see the Hussein and Sanchez fights? they didnt look too tailor made for PAC...in fact, there was quite a struggle in those two bouts

the only point i'm making is this; Manny Pacquiao prior to coming to US shores had ZERO clout nor any say in who he fought...he didn't have the luxury to handpick anyone

Murad Muhammad looked at him as a quick buck and it didnt matter who he fought or lost to

Comment

Working...
                      X