looks like it'll be Gavin Rees facing Adrien Broner on Feb 16th on HBO

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
    Rees has no chance whatsoever.

Broner is having trouble making 135, he should go up to 140.

Lots of good fights in that weight division: Rios, JMM, Matthysse, Peterson, Garcia, etc.
    where did you hear this?

Comment

I like how it's okay for Donaire to fight guys like Arce, Vazquez, #7 ranked Mathebula and an old Nishioka, as long as he keeps his activity up, it's okay.

But Broner wants to stay active, fight top 10 ranked fighters within his division but people complain. He may be fighting Rees now, Burns in May and possibly another big fight by the end of the year.

Comment

Excellent. My master plan for the May 4th card is coming together.

Guerrero-Alexander
        Matthyse-Garcia
        Broner-Burns
        Mayweather-Alvarez

Comment

The sad thing is I genuinely believe Rees is one of the best in the division so I can't really fault it (that is how bad 135 is), I guess hes as deserving as anyone else at 135 but damn, Rees is going to get mauled.

I don't like Broner but I can't really fault him for this. Burns wants the fight but his promoter fish-eyes don't, Vasquez could send a glass-eye to sleep and well the rest of the division is a bag of vvank. I hope Broner moves to 140 after this, nobody at 135 is giving him a proper test.

Comment

Terrible choice.

Comment

Who the fck is gavin rees?

Comment

Respect to Gavin Rees for taking this opportunity unlike his cowardly countryman Ricky Burns.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                  I like how it's okay for Donaire to fight guys like Arce, Vazquez, #7 ranked Mathebula and an old Nishioka, as long as he keeps his activity up, it's okay.

But Broner wants to stay active, fight top 10 ranked fighters within his division but people complain. He may be fighting Rees now, Burns in May and possibly another big fight by the end of the year.
                  Lol. Pure comedy, but it's laughable how Burns ducked this kid.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post

All those fights you mentioned aside from Arce were either for a title or other form of distinction.

If this happens to be a stay busy fight, then there is nothing wrong in it.

Comment

It's a Top 10 Lightweight, but I was really hoping for something better than this. Abril is matched with Bogere though, and Vazquez has a tiny chance if happening since Zanfer works closely with Top Rank.

Burns needs to fight Broner after this though, no excuses.

Broner's keeping his activity up, much like Donaire though, who got praised for fighting Vazquez Jr, Arce, and Mathebula. They really aren't much better than Gavin Rees.

I was hoping if Burns wasn't going to fight Broner in February, that he and Rees would fight instead. Hopefully Broner-Burns happens after this.
                      Last edited by 4Corners; 12-27-2012, 09:49 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X