Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is Manny Stewards beef with Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by joeboxer1 View Post
    mannys just keepin it real
    He keeps it real when he says Manny will have all kinds of trouble with Mayweather.

Comment

Originally posted by -Top Rank- View Post
      It's not so much hate....its the fact that he dislikes Floyd's mentality as a fighter.

He doesn't like the fact he isn't willing to face the elite fighters and he doesn't like his safety first mentality in the ring.

Almost all of Stewards fighters were great finishers, who took on all comers and just had that fighters mentality. Not that I agree, but seeing the type of fighters Steward was around, and the era he is from....I can understand why he makes the comments he does about Floyd.
      I agree with you 100%!!!

Comment

I have heard Steward get biased on certain topics, but he's human. For the most part, he is right on point with his commentating. I agree with him about his opinion on Floyd. Floyd once said that he was better than Robinson and Ali. Steward said during the Baldimer fight that it was no way that a great fighter like Hearns or Leonard would hit Baldimer so easily and not go for the KO. That is a true statement. He said that Floyd only throws a straight right hand or a check hook and does not commit to the jab or combos. That is a true and factual statement. So, I don't think he's hating on Floyd, he's simply being honest. Steward also thinks that Pacquiao is an exciting fighter, but he never seems too impressed by him. I just think that Steward came up in an era where Manny and Floyd would have been average fighters. He praises them for their accomplishments of today, but he realizes that boxing have seen so much better throughout its history.

Comment

Originally posted by jvsnypes View Post
          I have heard Steward get biased on certain topics, but he's human. For the most part, he is right on point with his commentating. I agree with him about his opinion on Floyd. Floyd once said that he was better than Robinson and Ali. Steward said during the Baldimer fight that it was no way that a great fighter like Hearns or Leonard would hit Baldimer so easily and not go for the KO. That is a true statement. He said that Floyd only throws a straight right hand or a check hook and does not commit to the jab or combos. That is a true and factual statement. So, I don't think he's hating on Floyd, he's simply being honest. Steward also thinks that Pacquiao is an exciting fighter, but he never seems too impressed by him. I just think that Steward came up in an era where Manny and Floyd would have been average fighters. He praises them for their accomplishments of today, but he realizes that boxing have seen so much better throughout its history.
          in no era would either manny or floyd be average fighters. if you knew what it meant to be an average fighter, u wouldnt even say that. and u question other ppls boxing knowledge? well i guess its to be expected from a guy who thinks floyd fights like his father, which he doesnt. hes much, much better. closer to his uncle actually, but i digress.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
            in no era would either manny or floyd be average fighters. if you knew what it meant to be an average fighter, u wouldnt even say that. and u question other ppls boxing knowledge? well i guess its to be expected from a guy who thinks floyd fights like his father, which he doesnt. hes much, much better. closer to his uncle actually, but i digress.
            Manny won't even go near the winning fighters of his era..much less compete against the greats of the past.

He can't fight on the inside
            Can't fight backing up
            Has no experience dealing with speed
            Has no defense for right hands
            No defense for uppercuts

Without the catchweights and carefully matched plodding opponets....Manny is very average indeed.

Comment

Originally posted by AlwaysOnTop View Post
              Steward said Floyd should give the people what they want and finish off Baldomir like a great fighter should.........LOL

That was some serious hate...Vernon forrest couldn't even finish off that guy.

Baldomir was a WW George Chuvalo...
              Canelo diid...

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                Dude, go back and look at Floyd,Sr's old fights. The style is exactly the same. I have no reason to make that up. Floyd, Jr is just better and more disciplined with it. Floyd and Manny look like all time greats because there are no Leonards, Hearns, Durans, or Pryors around today. Terry Norris was an above average fighter, not what I call great. But Manny nor Floyd have ever fought someone as skilled or dangerous as him. Hearns would knock both these guys out cold. Manny and Floyd are great in this era, but this era doesn't compare to the 80's era.

Comment

floyd gayfeather is no better than the common street thug who sells crack to poor people and takes there last 10 dollars for food. He is a lowlife scumbag and a ****thug who suks 50 cents cok on a regular. I have zero respect for gayfeather his team and his fganbase they all could eatadicup. manny is a respected guy in the industry floyd is not. manny has been involved in some of the most exciting fights floyd has never had a exciting fight just a drama quuen. The real uncle tom bell hop negro is floyd. sitting on that bed with wack pop star 50 cent talking into money, what a f-ing lowlife clown.

Comment

Haters gotta hate.

Comment

Mayweather probably said something ignorant about him at some point.

Comment

Working...
                      X