Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Schaefer Offers $3 Million To Top Rank For Donaire-Mares

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Schaefer Offers $3 Million To Top Rank For Donaire-Mares

Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer is rolling out the big guns. Schaefer saw a recent article on BoxingScene.com, where Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum had mentioned that conversations were taking place for a potential super bantamweight unification between Nonito Donaire (31-1, 20KOs) and Abner Mares (25-0, 13KOs) on an HBO televised date of April 13th.

Schaefer, who promotes Mares, denies that his company is having any discussions with Top Rank. According to Schaefer, the only conversations taking place are between Top Rank and Frank Espinoza, who manages Mares.
    [Click Here To Read More]

3 mil each?

Comment

Would he accept $3 mil from Top Rank? That's how Arum wanted to make the deal.

I see this going nowhere.

Comment

Hope this happens !

Comment

I have a feeling this fight will happen sometime this year.

Comment

Children at play

If this fight had a chance it wouldn't be done in public with both sides taking shots at the other

Comment

Not enough money.

Besides, Arum does business via personal preferences, no with $$$. A hateful, bitter old man that will stop at nothing to ruin the legitimacy of boxing.

Comment

dont care how the deal happens as long as it happens!

Comment

Now they're gonna yell at each other through the press. Again.

Comment

3 millions does seem like a pretty hefty offer. I don't know how they intend to make money considering all the other money they would have to put in, HBO pays a lot but usually not $5 million (which wouldn't even cover everything). If they were going to do a PPV I could see that number making sense but I don't know if gate plus international (and all other revenue) make that anything more than a break even proposition at best.

Comment

Working...
                    X