No announcement yet.

James Toney sparring Gerald McClellan 1990

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• James Toney sparring Gerald McClellan 1990

Some footage here from the the late great Emmanuel Stewards collection.

Who'd you think would have won if they fought in 1990? Some brutal sparring right here, let's hope Mannys collection gets released soon how amazing would that be.

That's awesome. Didn't know this video existed. Thanks gonna watch this later.

Man, I'd imagine his collection has some amazing sparring sessions! Would be great for fans!

Comment

Posted this before, here is Nigel Benn sparring Roberto Duran, enjoy!

Comment

Judging by the footage, Toney would have toyed with G-man.

Comment

these clips will be added to my ipod.

Comment

It's exactly how I'd see their fight going. G starting fast and then Toney adjusting mid-fight and taking him to school.

Great stuff.

Comment

THIS is boxing. None of that pushing your opponent against the rope, and holding there. None of that throw a combo then clinch, because you don't know how to in fight. None of that holding and hitting BS. None of that grappling mess we saw in Guerrero vs. Berto.

Comment

Gerald was great but Toney would have been a nightmare for him, Toney had one of the best chins of all time, tough, great defense and would have been countering that big right hand. I go with Toney on this one

Comment

As much as I like the g man, toney was another level. Though as we all know g man could bang it's just a matter of catching toney

Comment

James Toney, the only man to successfully emulate and carry on George Benton's style. And before anyone says oh the shoulder roll has been around for longer, which it has, im talking about their way of fighting. Both are carbon copies.

P.S. I completely hate people calling this style the Philly shell when its been around for so much longer or these ****ing boxing commentators not paying homage to all boxers before who successfully used and were known for this style, rather than just say oh the Mayweather style. WTF go learn your history mu'fckas

Comment

Working...
                    X