Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Which was Juan Manuel Marquez's best performance against Manny Pacquiao?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by hugh grant View Post
    Jmm is always judged on how he does against Pac solely. JMM can get away with fighting bums, unlike Pac, yet who Pac fights is scrutinized more, even though he fights better fighters.
    Well Pac is going to get more scrutiny based simply on the number of people who believe him to be one of the greatest of all time. With great standing comes great scrutiny...

Comment

None, Paquiao whipped him all 3!!!

Comment

first fight even though...

Comment

first fight...marquez got dropped 3 times in the first round, got his nose busted and was bleeding in the first round and he still managed to put on a great performance.

Comment

Pac at 126. That version of pac was an absolute monster in the ring. He had all my respect at that stage in his career. JMM fought his ass off in that fight.

Comment

Take out the first round of the first fight and it almost looks like a mismatch.

That's where I cast my vote.

I scored the second fight for Manny, third conclusively for JMM.

Comment

Originally posted by gmc_rfc_06 View Post
                2004 was his best performance, he won 9-10 rounds.

However, 2011 was the clearest win. I had it 117-111 Marquez in a fight he won quite easily.
                LMAO. Pac landed more punches against Marquez. An average of 3-5 jabs/power punches every round and since we know Pac is a heavy punchier therefor did more damage on Marquez.

Comment

Easily the 3rd fight where Marquez boxed his ears off.

Comment

Originally posted by whirlwind View Post
                    LMAO. Pac landed more punches against Marquez. An average of 3-5 jabs/power punches every round and since we know Pac is a heavy punchier therefor did more damage on Marquez.
                    Landing clean punches is what matters, and Marquez did that.

Marquez landed 90% of the significant punches in the fight, controlled the tempo and in general served up a boxing lesson. Pac dropped his head at the final bell knowing what the deal was, he was well beaten.

Comment

Working...
                    X