Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Pacquaio becoming more and more irrelevant?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Pacquaio becoming more and more irrelevant?

Is Pacquaio becoming more and more irrelevant? Anyone else notice this?
    I remember after his Win over Cotto the whole world was buzzing and it was Pacquaio this, Pacquaio. However his last 2 fights were ehh and one in which 80% of the ppl think HE LOST. I just feel like he is getting more and more irrelevant to boxing. Let's see how he does to Bradley, I think eventually he will have to take a beating from Maywaether for a pay day and then retire.

I think it definitely has. I think the major reason is the lack of excitement in his last 2 fights. I think him getting older and becoming a member of congress has changed his temperament. He no longer fights like a whirlwind with reckless abandon, he's much more conscious of not getting hit.

Comment

yes i believe he is..

Comment

If you consider being called the greatest of all time by the media and boxing experts becoming irrelevant then yes.

Comment

If you really mean do people not think hes superman now,yes maybe.....probably.?

But dont call him irrelevant please, hes the biggest name in boxing.

Comment

Just compare the thread replies, Mayweather Cotto has 10x as much as Whatshisface Bradley.

Comment

put it this way, make a pacquiao thread on boxingscene and see how many replies u get. now make a mayweather thread about basically the same topic and u'll see how things have changed for pac.

Comment

Originally posted by Hated
                Seems like it. He took a huge hit when he struggled with Margarito, got knocked down by Mosley and then went on to lose to Margarito. His fanbase doesn't really follow boxing, they only follow him and they were attracted to his explosive knockouts. When a fighter starts to decline, the real fans stay but the bandwagon fans start to leave. This is what we are experiencing with Pacquiao's fans.
                this is pretty much a perfect post

Comment

Dude just did that whole Hennessy thing that's being put on T.V and add spaces in NY big screens.
                  His hype died down, but by no means is he irrelevant.

Comment

His actions after Cotto, he's choices of opponents, and plenty double talk by his team has turned people off about him.

But, he is fighting Bradley next. And, I'm very excited and interesting in that fight.

Comment

Working...
                    X