Collapse
No announcement yet.

Could Floyd's come forward aggressive style backfire against Pacquiao

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the key to floyd coming forward will be his jab. He will have a substantial reach advantage a strong jab to the body or to the face as he moves into range will force paq to lunge in and thats what i think Mayweather is going to try and force him to do. He will move forward cautiously trying to anticipate when manny will lunge forward putting himself it good position to counter

Comment

if floyd even attemps to back manny down he will get knocked out cold like hatton !!!!! floyds ponly hope of staying 12 whole rounds is to run like marquez and shane did!!!!! cotto tried to run but manny tracked him down like Tommy Lee Jones tracked down the fugitive !!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by RapidFire_Royce View Post
        I think the key to floyd coming forward will be his jab. He will have a substantial reach advantage a strong jab to the body or to the face as he moves into range will force paq to lunge in and thats what i think Mayweather is going to try and force him to do. He will move forward cautiously trying to anticipate when manny will lunge forward putting himself it good position to counter.
        That's how he always comes forward against Southpaws.

Comment

Originally posted by treason1 View Post
          if floyd even attemps to back manny down he will get knocked out cold like hatton !!!!! floyds ponly hope of staying 12 whole rounds is to run like marquez and shane did!!!!! cotto tried to run but manny tracked him down like Tommy Lee Jones tracked down the fugitive !!!!!!
          You're looking at it as if Floyd use the same aggressive and reckless approach as Hatton did, but he doesn't. The minute he knows that Manny isn't vulnerable by that strategy approach, he'll make adjustments. Floyd is a master strategist, Hatton wasn't.

Comment

Originally posted by Carpe Diem View Post
            That's how he always comes forward against Southpaws.
            Exactly I like both fighters for their respective styles I just have not yet seen anything out of Manny to lead me to believe he has the proper skill set to deal with what Floyd will try to do.

Comment

It certainly could backfire but I think Pacquiao would have to hit Floyd with a series of shots to really stun him, let alone put him down...

Pacquiao isn't as wild and relentless as he was at lower weights I think he will be more careful (since he's a better fighter and he knows Floyd wants to play the counter game) which will probably play more into Floyd's hands...he won't be able to just swarm Floyd and let off rapid combos and turn and repeat...

I wouldn't be shocked if the fight was more technical than some people might expect...I just wanna see the damn thing happen...should of happened last year, even 2 years ago...

Comment

Originally posted by F l i c k e r View Post
                Not exactly.

Even Marquez was using Floyd's tactics against Pacquiao. Shit Marquez never did until after the fight with Floyd.

He can't remain too stationary and allow Pacquiao to get in comfortable range.

He's going to have to be at range where Pacquiao over-extends himself. That way he can easily dodge and counter without the risk of Pacquiao's combos coming into play. Somewhat like Marquez did but obviously it would be better.

Turn him right, Pac can't fight.
                This is the truth. An aggressive Mayweather is what Pac/Roach wants. Even with his defense and reach advantage, he'll get tagged a lot more if he's aggressive. Pac's weakness is someone who can dictate distance and utilize movement/footwork, why would Floyd give that up?

Comment

from what i've seen of marquez is that he always moves to his left, and that's what makes him naturally good vs pacquiao(added with the counterpunching etc) more so than him being some super adaptable fighter

floyd moves to his opponents power when he's the aggressor looking to square them up, what i've noticed about floyd actually, is that he can't help but box the orthodox fighters, im sure someone will post mosley up, but he wasn't as aggressive as you'd think, look at him vs ortiz, and just about every southpaw

he will be aggressive vs pacquiao, and lead with his usual right hand to the body and step to the right, he will get spun by pacquiao, but right now im not saying whether or not pacquiao spinning him means much, floyd does not move as much as marquez and will occassionally stand there with his shoulder defense tight in the center of the ring against the aggressor and wait for an opening for the right hand which he'll get by leaning(not stepping) to his left against the southpaw

no doubt in my mind floyd will come at pacquiao, but since floyd is rarely all out aggression, he'll have his defensive moments where he'll just stand there rolling punches

Comment

Floyd is an adaptive/reactive type of fighter, he can adjust on the fly. What does that mean? That means no one really knows what style Mayweather will utilize to fight Pac until the fight actually happens. Freddy Roach and Manny won't know until they are actually in the ring with Floyd just like they didn't know what Marquez would do until they were in the ring with him! Marquez, like Mayweather, is an adaptive/reactive fighter that can adjust midfight. Because of Marquez's constant adjustments Manny Pacquiao had no idea what he was in for until the fight took place. The same thing will happen when he fights Floyd.

Comment

Originally posted by Johnwoo8686 View Post
                      Floyd is an adaptive/reactive type of fighter, he can adjust on the fly. What does that mean? That means no one really knows what style Mayweather will utilize to fight Pac until the fight actually happens. Freddy Roach and Manny won't know until they are actually in the ring with Floyd just like they didn't know what Marquez would do until they were in the ring with him! Marquez, like Mayweather, is an adaptive/reactive fighter that can adjust midfight. Because of Marquez's constant adjustments Manny Pacquiao had no idea what he was in for until the fight took place. The same thing will happen when he fights Floyd.
                      yep, he sure adjusted on the fly vs judah, he kept doing the same thing, throughout the whole fight, the one that changed was judah, he got broken down(by his natural tendencies, weak mind and the body attack of floyd)

floyd couldn't avoid judah's straight left that came after the jab to save his life

Comment

Working...
                      X