No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Sources: Pacquiao-Marquez To Be Held at Catch-Weight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Sources: Pacquiao-Marquez To Be Held at Catch-Weight

Sources in Mexico are reporting that a third meeting between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez will likely have a catch-weight in place. Three weeks ago Marquez received an offer to face Pacquiao in a fall trilogy meeting. Marquez had a problem with some of the items that were listed in the agreement. Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, is going to issue a new offer to Marquez on Monday. The revised offer will include several changes in areas that bothered Marquez. The catch-weight, reportedly, is going to fall between 143-145-pounds. Pacquiao has weighed between 144-145 for his last four welterweight ring appearances.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Originally posted by BIGPOPPAPUMP View Post
    Sources in Mexico are reporting that a third meeting between Manny Pacquiao and Juan Manuel Marquez will likely have a catch-weight in place. Three weeks ago Marquez received an offer to face Pacquiao in a fall trilogy meeting. Marquez had a problem with some of the items that were listed in the agreement. Pacquiao's promoter, Top Rank, is going to issue a new offer to Marquez on Monday. The revised offer will include several changes in areas that bothered Marquez. The catch-weight, reportedly, is going to fall between 143-145-pounds. Pacquiao has weighed between 144-145 for his last four welterweight ring appearances.
    [Click Here To Read More]
    Mannny will agree to 145.

Fkn ridiculous. Freddie again confirmed in his last video interview that Manny is a natural JWW. That fight should be at 140.

Once again, the same as Ortiz, I would give Manny credit just for taking that fight. Much better than the geriatrics, faded champions, and no-hopers that he has been sparring with lately.

Comment

They should be fighting at 135 or 139 LBS.Pacquiao can make it and Marquez would be at his best.anything other then that would be asking to much.
      I don't know man but I would feel much better if I beat a guy when he was at his best then blowing him up or shrink him down to get a win.
      shit ,Pacquiao already has power as an advantage,what are they worried about?

Comment

Originally posted by LeadUppercut View Post
        Freddie again confirmed in his last video interview that Manny is a natural JWW. That fight should be at 140.
        TRUTH. Manny was weighing 141 the morning of the weigh-in last Friday and ate three full meals so he would bulk up to 145. I would only imagine how much Pac would weigh without extra meals and extra protein shakes during training.

Comment

it should be at 143.....

140 would be best but Marquez wants his 4th title

Comment

Whatever happened to Marquez saying he could beat Pac at any weight?

Hes gonna fight a tune up before and people are saying its gonna be against David Diaz or Zab Judah. There should be a clause that says if he loses that fight he loses the chance to fight Pac. I'd rather see Judah vs Pac than Peeboy.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac310 View Post
              it should be at 143.....

140 would be best but Marquez wants his 4th title
              not really,Pacquiao still holds the ring title at 140 i believe.that should count as a title in a different weight class,it did for Pacquiao.

Comment

fight at 143

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                  Whatever happened to Marquez saying he could beat Pac at any weight?

Hes gonna fight a tune up before and people are saying its gonna be against David Diaz or Zab Judah. There should be a clause that says if he loses that fight he loses the chance to fight Pac. I'd rather see Judah vs Pac than Peeboy.
                  jesus f*ucking christ I bet you would LOOOOOVE this fight to take place at 150 aswell to give Pacquiao every single advantage

age,speed,size, strength aren't enough

Comment

Manny can make 135 now ? this is the same group that said he's ducking sergio at 154

Comment

Working...
                    X