No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Giovani Segura: 100% Mexican Fighter Looks To Repeat

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Giovani Segura: 100% Mexican Fighter Looks To Repeat

By Thomas Gerbasi - There are fighters who can knock you out, boxers who can dazzle and frustrate you with speed. Then there are guys like Giovani Segura, hunters who will stalk you and stalk you and make your life miserable until he finally breaks you down, not only physically, but mentally.

It’s a gift, one that has earned Segura two world titles at 108 pounds, and as he approaches Saturday’s highly-anticipated rematch with the man he knocked out in a 2010 Fight of the Year candidate, Ivan Calderon, he is firmly in the camp of ‘if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.’ And that’s not a surprise considering that he learned the art of fighting long before he put on the gloves and picked up the sweet science of boxing.

“I started training late, and the little thing that I knew about boxing was what I would see in Mexico on TV,” recalled the native of Ciudad Altamirano. “I grew up in a tough neighborhood, and at the playground playing soccer you always had fist fights. So for me, coming into a ring with gloves and headgear and all this protection was new for me and I didn’t have no fear. It was crazy because I would see guys get nervous about sparring, and I would tell them that I used to do it without nothing. So I saw things different.”

Those early scraps built his toughness. His boxing brain was more advanced than most as well, and again, it was done back home with no gloves, no headgear, and no trainers. [Click Here To Read More]

War segura a true thow back fighter. Knock calderons ass out this time and send em empty handed back home.

Comment

hes no throwback and his biggest win is against a calderon who is getting old too bad calderon is still at a higher level then segura and will bring those belts back to pr and leave segura crying in mexico

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
        hes no throwback and his biggest win is against a calderon who is getting old too bad calderon is still at a higher level then segura and will bring those belts back to pr and leave segura crying in mexico
        Is Calderon the best of his division?

Comment

The KO will come faster this time there's no rican ref no rican judge no huge Ring and 0 fans will be there

Comment

Calderon best win is cazares after that his resume sucks if segura keeps going the way he is he will have a better resume in no time. The only thing calderon is taking back to your little island is an ass whopping and putos like you will be crying.

Comment

Originally posted by theplayerpimp View Post
              Calderon best win is cazares after that his resume sucks if segura keeps going the way he is he will have a better resume in no time. The only thing calderon is taking back to your little island is an ass whopping and putos like you will be crying.
              true that he also beat carlos tamara who whupped brian villoria and chanchilla

Comment

I don't know about percentages, I just know what Giovanni can do...

...kill this mother****er.

Shut up and drink this, you Puerto Reekin' crybaby.

Calderón Segura

Comment

Originally posted by ThoedEssay View Post
                  true that he also beat carlos tamara who whupped brian villoria and chanchilla
                  And he beat rubbillar and jaro which are ok names and he is barely getting started while calderon is on his way out and wont add anything to his resume but another loss.

Comment

Yes, I agree, he has the true Mexican style...relentless aggression no matter the outcome, defense is for ****, no hugging even if getting hit hard. Some Mexicans are not like this but this is the typical style. As for Puerto Ricans..it´s the oposite, running like gays, hugging, feinting, never engaging in wars. Blacks too. Mexicans and Argentinians are real men.

Comment

Working...
                    X