No announcement yet.

Emile Griffith

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Emile Griffith

Emile has reportedly passed away within the last few hours or so; sad news. R.I.P, champ.

RIP to a great fighter and a true gentleman.

Comment

Great fighter and he seemed like a very nice man.

Comment

R.I.P, thoughts are with his friends and family, a truly great man and one of the best Welters ever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...160132443.html

Edit: Really don't like this Article but it's the first one posted for confirmation.
        Last edited by NChristo; 07-23-2013, 11:18 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by NChristo View Post
          R.I.P, thoughts are with his friends and family, a truly great man and one of the best Welters ever.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/boxing...160132443.html

Edit: Really don't like this Article but it's the first one posted for confirmation.
          That was actually a very interesting read, thanks for posting the link..

I know he was 75, but had he been in bad health, or was his death generally unexpected?

RIP Emile Griffith ATG... Another sad day for our sport

Comment

R.I.P. Emile Griffith , ATG and lineal Welterweight, Jr. Middleweight and Middleweight champion.

Comment

Originally posted by mickey malone View Post
              That was actually a very interesting read, thanks for posting the link..

I know he was 75, but had he been in bad health, or was his death generally unexpected?

RIP Emile Griffith ATG... Another sad day for our sport
              Griffith had been in declining health for years. I remember not that long ago friends of his were trying to collect donations to send him back to the sunny Virgin Islands which would have been better for him. Griffith was mugged several years ago and never completely recovered.

Comment

RIP

Reading about that mugging is horrible, on a lighter note, what were his best fights?

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                  RIP

Reading about that mugging is horrible, on a lighter note, what were his best fights?
                  Can never get bored of the Rodriguez or Benvenuti bouts, Paret III is pretty incredible despite the ending.
                  Last edited by NChristo; 07-23-2013, 02:35 PM.

Comment

Ah lineal champion, not too many of those these days. Sounded like a hell of a fighter. 75 is kind of young these days. Wasn't there a movie made about the life of Griffith?

Comment

Working...
                    X