No announcement yet.

Julio Cesar Chavez: GOAT

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by RossCA View Post
    He was the greatest Mexican boxer ever, but not the G.O.A.T.
    Is this an indictment of Mexican boxing?

Comment

• Let's try this: undefeated Hector Camacho v prime Chavez
      a sample

Comment

• Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
        Chavez is not even the greatest Mexican Boxer of all time, that honor also goes to Duran, his father was Mexican
        Why is it that no one has addressed this? Chavez is the greatest boxer born in Mexico but not the best Mexican boxer of all time. Duran is half Mexican like myself (my Mom is Mexican) and no one can say that i am not Mexican just because i am half

Comment

• Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
          Why is it that no one has addressed this? Chavez is the greatest boxer born in Mexico but not the best Mexican boxer of all time. Duran is half Mexican like myself (my Mom is Mexican) and no one can say that i am not Mexican just because i am half
          lol Gotta be full blood Mexican to fight like Chavez. That's the rule. You get to be a Mexican, but you can't fight like Chavez. Unless you were thinking of winning your first 87 professional fights in a row, then you should be happy.

But, on a more serious note, you'll see from the above video what prime Chavez brought to the table. Flashy v Reality. And Chavez was the reality. LOL

Comment

• Originally posted by Wiley Hyena View Post
            That is a disingenious argument.

King Rome's opinion doesn't count because its flawed. Even a committedly biased poster such as yourself can see that.

My position regarding the history section is already on record. They will note this thread. If somebody in there wants to run it, they can create one of their own. IMO this is the forum for this thread right now.

edit: BoxingBob: please tell me all the distinctively successful boxing styles that you have observed?
            there are many distinctively successful boxing styles. There is the safety first and rely on your coordination and speed (Whitaker, Mayweather, Pep), there's come forward at all costs and count on your own punches (Pryor, Pac), there's the keep a tight defense and work that body (McCallum, Chavez Sr), there's the work everything off the jab (Larry Holmes), there's use your size to keep you opponent at bay (Wlad, Lewis), There's use subtle defense and use superior counter punching (Duran, JMM), there's see if you can take more punishment than your opponent (Saad Muhamed, Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano), There's the few guys that do everything well (Ali, Leonard, Robinson, Ricardo Lopez- who I think was p4p as good of a fighter as I've seen, hows that for Mexican prejudice?). There are many more

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
              there are many distinctively successful boxing styles. There is the safety first and rely on your coordination and speed (Whitaker, Mayweather, Pep), there's come forward at all costs and count on your own punches (Pryor, Pac), there's the keep a tight defense and work that body (McCallum, Chavez Sr), there's the work everything off the jab (Larry Holmes), there's use your size to keep you opponent at bay (Wlad, Lewis), There's use subtle defense and use superior counter punching (Duran, JMM), there's see if you can take more punishment than your opponent (Saad Muhamed, Holyfield, Frazier, Marciano), There's the few guys that do everything well (Ali, Leonard, Robinson, Ricardo Lopez- who I think was p4p as good of a fighter as I've seen, hows that for Mexican prejudice?). There are many more
              I'm glad for your great post, Bob. Now, enjoy this fight. I post it to wish everybody a very happy new year. And, I hope it clearly comes thru. This is JCC v Meldrick Taylor. A contrast of great styles if there ever was one. For the youngsters, Taylor was an undefeated, a prior US olympic medalist, and considered to be the best of his generation when this fight took place. In fact, he was considered unbeatable. He was. And, then he met prime Chavez. Pay close attention to the deleterious effects of the body damage beginning in round 6. This was fight of the year in 1990. Enjoy.

Comment

lol Gotta be full blood Mexican to fight like Chavez. That's the rule. You get to be a Mexican, but you can't fight like Chavez. Unless you were thinking of winning your first 87 professional fights in a row, then you should be happy.

But, on a more serious note, you'll see from the above video what prime Chavez brought to the table. Flashy v Reality. And Chavez was the reality. LOL
                ¿WHAT? umm ok? but you still did not address the statement that Duran is the best Mexican boxer of all time but from sillyness your responce i will not waste my time any longer. Too bad because i was up for a good logical debate, but that is NOT going to happen here. Good day my friend

Comment

I'm glad for your great post, Bob. Now, enjoy this fight. I post it to wish everybody a very happy new year. And, I hope it clearly comes thru. This is JCC v Meldrick Taylor. A contrast of great styles if there ever was one. For the youngsters, Taylor was an undefeated, a prior US olympic medalist, and considered to be the best of his generation when this fight took place. In fact, he was considered unbeatable. He was. And, then he met prime Chavez. Pay close attention to the deleterious effects of the body damage beginning in round 6. This was fight of the year in 1990. Enjoy.

One of Chavezs three greatest wins (along with the Camacho and Rosario wins). Hyena, I swear I'm not an azzhole, and I'm not prejudice, I just don't think Chavez is the GOAT, that all.

Comment

• Originally posted by GoldSugar
                    Quote:

Originally Posted by Wiley Hyena

Look. Stop with the games. Those ole 1900 guys were tuff. Of course. But, they don't qualify as modern athletes, and you know it. Otherwise, my guy Jim Jeffries would be the GOAT. If you wanna argue, then argue, but don't get silly.

What is silly about them being greater than Louis? Start a poll I dare ya
                    don Hutson>>>jerry rice

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

• Originally posted by Boxing Bob View Post
                      One of Chavezs three greatest wins (along with the Camacho and Rosario wins). Hyena, I swear I'm not an azzhole, and I'm not prejudice, I just don't think Chavez is the GOAT, that all.
                      I know your not an azzhole, Bob. You're a boxing guy. I hope you enjoyed that fight. That...was what true greatness looks like. And, its one of the best fights of all time.

Comment

Working...
                      X