• Show
Clear All

• How Cotto can go down as an ATG

If he wins the following 4 fights

margarito
    Chavez jr
    Canelo
    Martinez

if he can win even 3 out of those 4 fights, what does that do for his legacy?
    Where does that put him?

I for one believe he still has a lot of fight in him.
    If he can get past margarito it may do him a world of good confidence wise.

this is my road for cotto as atg. Margarito PAC floyd and martinez then the canelo/chavez winner. atg is a lock.

Comment

Originally posted by sosolid4u09 View Post

margarito
      Chavez jr
      Canelo
      Martinez

Where does that put him?

beating margarito does nothin at this point. but wins against canelo and martinez might do it for him.

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
        beating margarito does nothin at this point. but wins against canelo and martinez might do it for him.
        i think legacy wise a margarito win wouldnt do much. but it may well be the first step of a resurgence for cotto. restore some of his old confidence and swagger we haven't seen from him since that fateful night

Comment

Originally posted by sosolid4u09 View Post

margarito
          Chavez jr
          Canelo
          Martinez

Where does that put him?

Martinez beats him easy and i think Canelo beats him, hes better than Chavez, but the extra weight might get him..... and pretty sure Margartio beats him in Dec too

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
          this is my road for cotto as atg. Margarito PAC floyd and martinez then the canelo/chavez winner. atg is a lock.
          keep dreaming....

Comment

Originally posted by borgata View Post
            i think Martinez and Canelo beat him, i think hes better than Chavez, but the extra weight might get him..... and pretty sure Margartio beats him in Dec too

keep dreaming....

i know. floyd will always duck cotto for sure.lol

Comment

Originally posted by AEOUS ETERNALIS View Post
              [/U][/B]

i know. floyd will always duck cotto for sure.lol
              I'm one of Cotto's BIGGEST fans here, and I try to keep it fairly objective.

But I'm serious when I say this...

I've never bet real money on a fight before, but I'd bet the house on Cotto losing that fight if it ever gets made. Cotto will eat right hand after right hand. Cotto is very prone to power punches. He is not very hard to hit.

He might a couple rounds, maybe a few, four TOPS...scattered in there.

But he is NOT winning that fight. I'd like him to, but he wouldn't. I'd bet all my points on it.

Comment

Canelo never beats Cotto, sorry. Did you see what Cotto did to Gomez? Did you see Canelo? They can't hang in there. Those two need to fight, Cotto kills any winner. EASY work. Martinez is another story, but Cotto has a jab like a mother****er.

People act like Cotto wouldn't have beat P Williams, who went 12 with Quintana, before he KO'd him, whom Cotto demolished before they even fought. They act like Williams is this ATG that Martinez dropped instead of the WW bully that he was. Martinez beats him and a Pavlik coming off of rehab in impressive ways, I'm just saying Cotto can box and brawl a little and he has pop, won't be easy for Martinez, same for Floyd if they ever fight.

Cotto vs Margarito, Martinez, Pacman, Floyd, Canelo. ATG SEALED.

Comment

Originally posted by TintaBoricua View Post
                  I'm one of Cotto's BIGGEST fans here, and I try to keep it fairly objective.

But I'm serious when I say this...

I've never bet real money on a fight before, but I'd bet the house on Cotto losing that fight if it ever gets made. Cotto will eat right hand after right hand. Cotto is very prone to power punches. He is not very hard to hit.

He might a couple rounds, maybe a few, four TOPS...scattered in there.

But he is NOT winning that fight. I'd like him to, but he wouldn't. I'd bet all my points on it.
                  but floyd will never fight him. so we will never know that buddy.

Comment

Originally posted by PRking718 View Post
                    Canelo never beats Cotto, sorry. Did you see what Cotto did to Gomez? Did you see Canelo? They can't hang in there. Those two need to fight, Cotto kills any winner. EASY work. Martinez is another story, but Cotto has a jab like a mother****er.

People act like Cotto wouldn't have beat P Williams, who went 12 with Quintana, before he KO'd him, whom Cotto demolished before they even fought. They act like Williams is this ATG that Martinez dropped instead of the WW bully that he was. Martinez beats him and a Pavlik coming off of rehab in impressive ways, I'm just saying Cotto can box and brawl a little and he has pop, won't be easy for Martinez, same for Floyd if they ever fight.

Cotto vs Margarito, Martinez, Pacman, Floyd, Canelo. ATG SEALED.
                    did you see how pwill beat margarito...

Comment

Working...
                    X