No announcement yet.

Liston vs Frazier

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prime Liston knocks out Fraizer.

But echoing what other's have said, in 1969, Liston was done and Frazier was fresh in his prime.

He'd have beat Liston up bad at that point.

Comment

Originally posted by DarkTerror88 View Post
      Prime for prime? Listons length and jab keep him at a somewhat safe length for a Few rounds. Around round 6 joe starts smokin and he ain't jokin. Using his phenominal head movement. Frazier gets under the jab and starts working the body. After a few scares due to listons power, sonnys lead begins to dwindle. Frazier landinh big anf Liston tiring late into the fight. I think Liston survives the late onslaught to win a Close decision.

1969? Liston hasnt a chance in hell. That's a prime frazier. I think he batters liston to a late stoppage.

i too think liston's length and his power would give frazier issues as he came forward and that he'd probably beat joe via decision if they were both in their primes.

but in 1969 frazier would have beat the bag out of him bro and you ain't joking.

Comment

Im sticking with the popular view here:

69' - Its Frazier all the way

Prime for Prime - Liston knocks him out, within 4, 5 or 6 at a push but only because Sonny was far more patient than Foreman

Id root for Frazier though, one of the very few select Heavys id do so over Liston

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
          Prime Liston knocks out Fraizer.

But echoing what other's have said, in 1969, Liston was done and Frazier was fresh in his prime.

He'd have beat Liston up bad at that point.
          ^^^ Exactly my thoughts.

Comment

I'm gonna buck the trend and say prime for prime- Smokin Joe takes him out in the 12th in a barnburner of a fight. Joe wins because he takes the punishment better than Liston, but then again I always thought Liston was overrated

Comment

I agree with Liston, it would be like shooting fish in a barrel.
              Brawling inside with Liston is a suicidal idea, even if you're trying to bob and weave while you do it.

Comment

Working...
              X