Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What's the most important criteria for scoring a fight to you?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
    they are all equally as important.

You can land clean effective punches but if the other guy is controlling the ring generalship, effective aggressiveness and defense, you lose.
    wtf?...........
    the other guy obviously cant be winning defence neither if he's eating clean punches

Comment

Originally posted by 1toTHADOME View Post
      clean blows, ring generalship, and defense.
      Margarito would've never won a fight based on this

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        Its mostly about clean punches and causing damage, Martinez's counters qualify as clean punches not defense because if he slipped Paul's shots but didn't land any of his own there is nothing to score really.

Defense is important as a tactic but all alone without offense isn't worth anything, while offense without defense can score for a fighter even if it will most likely shorten his career long term.
        I can agree with that.

Comment

to score it as fairly as possible

Comment

1)Effective agression
            2)Power punches landed
            Punches landed
            4)Ring generalship
            5)Defense and punches blocked/countered/slipped

Comment

I think the mistake many people make is that they look at the fight as a whole instead of what it really is (12 separate 3-minute fights, for example). If the first fighter wins 8 really close rounds and gets beat up the other four rounds, he will win a decision 116-112 even though the uninformed will come away thinking that he won a robbery. A good example of this is Ali-Norton 3. People thought Norton beat Ali up, but if you go round by round, Ali squeaked out many more close rounds. If it had been a street fight, Norton wins becasue he landed harder punches, but Ali won on points using the rules of boxing scoring.

The best way that I have heard on how to score a fight was by Max Kellerman. It is simplistic, but makes sense. He said that at the end of the round a judge should just ask himself "which fighter would I rather have been in that last round."

Comment

Originally posted by Lionel. View Post
                To me, clean punching. It should be the number one criteria IMO.
                Clean Punches,Knock Downs,Counter punches etc..

Comment

I must say that all are pretty equal with fine margins between them, but you have to be careful that you are scoring EFFECTIVE aggression, not just aggression.

I must admit I do love to see a good ring general landing clean punches.

When watching a fight I prefer to see a fighter hit and not get hit.

Comment

Effective aggression.

Comment

it should be, nothing pisses me off more than when a fighter gets a won due to aggressivenes, what the **** is that about, i hate it man i hate it.

Comment

Working...
                      X