No announcement yet.

Height Concerns

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Height Concerns

Im currently 6'3'' and it appears that there's no way in hell I'll ever be a 17O pound and up fighter. I weigh about 16O right now and am currently stalled. No matter what I do im not gaining weight. Therefore the welterweight or light middleweight area looks like its got my name on it. I'm wondering what effects it my height will have on it. Would I be fighting smaller fighters height wise due to the weight class? If so what are the advantages and disadvantages of being a much taller fighter?

Your fine at what ever weight your natural at. Learn to use you jab as a weapon, learn to use your legs. But most importantly learn to use your eyes. Do that and you'll be fine.

Rockin'

Comment

Damn a 6'3 welterweight that is not a bad thing. Just do plyometrics to work on your strength u can u that reach to your advantage big time.

Comment

your just 17,youl fill out, just train and eat healthy.

Comment

Do you know how disgusting a 6'3 140 pounder looks?

Comment

dont feel bad. I'm 6'1" 145 lbs

Comment

Iv got the same problem. I am 6'2 and Im a welterweight. I have been searching the internet to find out if it would ever be possible to be such a tall welterweight.

Coz in reality, our height is usually only found at heavyweight, or at least cruiserweight/light-heavy.

But keep in mind Tommy Hearns was a 6' 1 middleweight (i think), Sugar Ray was very tall for a welterweight. Diego Corrales is a 6'0 lightweight.

Comment

Hearns was a welter as well at one point.

Also currently there is a welter named Russell Jordan who is 6'2".

Comment

Let me tell all of you tall guys that being tall and lanky like that is something that I hate to come up against in a fight. If they know how to use their frrt and reach it can be a ***** of a fight. I am a pressure fighter, always coming forward. Your types could be a nightmare to throw with. Dont think that its a disadvantage. Learn to use the tools given to you and you could do great. Also, the muscular guys never seemed to have the same snap at the end of their punches as you tall skinny mofos. I dont know how the skinny ones generated the power but they did.

Rockin'

Comment

Stay tall, tuck that chin, use that jab, keep them out at the end of your snap....train train train hard

Comment

Working...
                    X