Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Adrien Broner was at 139 Pounds With 7 Days to Go

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

yeah, he knows that he cant talk his way out of another weight issue like last time - you can only tell so many BS twinkie jokes....His managers probably said "bro, tighten that isht up!". if odds are lopsided for Broner, DeMarco is worth puttin a few bucks on.

Comment

Originally posted by richardt View Post
      I'm no Broner fan but the only number that matters is making the weight when it matters most. What a fighter weighs when the bell rings does not change the legalities as long as they make the weigh in.
      I agree ..

Comment

139 means he is on weight and won't have to lose anything

Them 4 pounds will come off just in water weight and not eating on weigh in day. Can skip dinner the night before if he wants to be extra safe.

Comment

Lol people act like Broner is some huge 6' middleweight coming down to lightweight. Broner is a little guy. He should have no problems making 135... I am more taken back by big guys like Garcia or Rios who can actually get down to 140 when they walk around at 165 or more.. As for Broner this should be routine, I don't see him making it pass 140 with his "0" intact..

Comment

It's going to be a problem this weekend.

Comment

Let's get it! Let the whole world know who u are young men !

Comment

Cant wait for Demarco to expose you!!!

Comment

Not like he missed weight because he was "FAT", the dude was RIPPED when he missed weight against Escobedo

he is a young fighter that is still filling out and getting Bulkier with Muscles, he will likely get as high as 154 before his career is over...hell maybe in a few more years actually
                  Last edited by KnockUTheFukOut; 11-13-2012, 05:19 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Realizniguhnit View Post
                    Lol people act like Broner is some huge 6' middleweight coming down to lightweight. Broner is a little guy. He should have no problems making 135... I am more taken back by big guys like Garcia or Rios who can actually get down to 140 when they walk around at 165 or more.. As for Broner this should be routine, I don't see him making it pass 140 with his "0" intact..
                    Garcia is naturally a 180 pounder, Brother Naz stated this in an interview. He said he's always blown away the kid can lose 40 pounds like that and be effective. Perhaps that explains his power at 140 somehow but it's mostly due to his age more than anything. Personally I don't get why anyone wants to fight at 20 pounds lower than their walk around weight..ten would be healthier.

Comment

Guy grows out of a weight class and misses weight ONE TIME and all of a sudden he is a weight cheat SMFH

Comment

Working...
                      X