No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Broke Mathebula's Jaw, Operation Set

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Nonito Donaire Broke Mathebula's Jaw, Operation Set

Former IBF super bantamweight champion Jeffrey Mathebula is to be operated on for a broken jaw suffered in his unification title fight against WBO champion Nonito “The Filipino Flash” Donaire at the Home Depot Center in Carson City last July 7.

The California Boxing Commission doctor who examined Mathebula after the fight initially diagnosed the discomfort as being caused by a broken tooth.

[Click Here To Read More]

I seen him talking when he was trying to clear the cobwebs after the fourth...... Seen the fight once but I'm sure he was talking

Comment

They broke his jaw!

Comment

Not pointing the finger at anyone, but i always thought Donaire's power looked suspicious when he hooked up with Conte, specifically starting with the donaire vs sidorenko fight. I just thought that he showed a major jump in power on that fight.

Not saying he did it illegal, just a dramatic change in attributes.

not sure if anyone else noticed.
        Last edited by CasualBoxingFan; 07-11-2012, 05:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by MJ223 View Post
          I seen him talking when he was trying to clear the cobwebs after the fourth...... Seen the fight once but I'm sure he was talking
          Same. I guess everyone just breaks their jaw in the 4th now huh? I think it was clear enough the jaw was broken in the 11th or whatever round it was after Mathebula got gun shy and went to his corner spitting up a mess.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post
            Not pointing the finger at anyone, but i always thought Donaire's power looked suspicious when he hooked up with Conte, specifically starting with the donaire vs sidorenko fight. I just thought that he showed a major jump in power on that fight.

Didn't Donaire volunteered himself to be tested 365 DAYS of the year you f****ing moron!!!!

Comment

Mathebula showed alot of heart, he was just not in Donaire's class.

Comment

Originally posted by CasualBoxingFan View Post

Yeah it's not like Donaire was knocking guys out before he hooked up with Conte...

Comment

The slow-mo replay of that straight right was pretty telling that his jaw was broken. Mix in the reaction afterwards, it was a for sure situation.

Mathebula was just lucky that didn't happen 4 rounds before it did.

Comment

When i saw all that blood he was spitting out i knew it was broken.

Comment

Working...
                    X