Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Team Rubio: Quillin Fight Looks Great, Better if in Mexico

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Team Rubio: Quillin Fight Looks Great, Better if in Mexico

While Marco Antonio Rubio and his team spent the better part of the past two weeks promoting the heck out of a hometown showing against Jorge Cota, discussion of his next fight was already taking place.

Rubio looked sensational in scoring a 7th round stoppage of previously unbeaten Jorge Cota this past Saturday in Torreon, Mexico. The win couldn’t have come at a better time, as talks immediately surfaced of the middleweight contender facing another unbeaten fighter in Peter Quillin.
    [Click Here To Read More]

Rubio's correct...have the bout in MX City @ the Mexico Arena,larger than MSG, & it would b packed & work an agreement 4 tax free $$ for Pete...mak it happen, + Azteca or Televisa 2 US, the tv $$ would b 1/2 mil each ....

Comment

This could be a classic tbh..I like the style match up..I have to go with Quillin at this point,but I expect Rubio to give a very tough fight...

Comment

If Quillin agrees to fight him in Mexico my respect for that dude would triple.

Comment

I ****ing LOVE Rubio. He just keeps ****ing up master plans....

Comment

Quillin is with Haymon, so he isn't going to Mexico. if the fight is in Mexico i'd say it's a toss up with a slight hometown edge to Rubio but if the fight is in the states Quillin has already won, Haymon will see to that.

all this tells me is that Rubio wants a lot if he's coming to the US and lose. personally I'd rather see Quillin fight somebody like Macklin, then maybe a Martinez shot. if Martinez beats Chavez.

Comment

Quillin can be boxed. He couldn't do away with an ancient dancer, Winkie Wright, even after a three year layoff. Someone said Quillan had speed, but it's not foot speed. Peter plods like he's walking in mud, Rubio might be able to surround him. Quillin has been put in easy so far (as in Winkie) and hasn't been forced to use plan B, yet. He may not have one.

Comment

I'm sure Kid Chocolate would agree to do it in Mexico but if Rubio b1tches out just because it doesn't get made in Mexico he is truly a chump. Hope it happens don't matter about the location. War Quillin!

Comment

the Venom taking zero's
                  I seriously doubt he will back out if the fight doesn't happen in mexico. He went all the way to canada for a fight with lemieux or however you spell his last name.

Comment

I wonder if Rubio can still make 154.....

Comment

Working...
                    X