Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Naazim Richardson= Overrated trainer. You cant be considered "GREAT" by piggybacking!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by DOM 3.0
    To me both Joel Diaz, Robert Garcia and Nacho are up there as trainers, they're very informative and know how to analyze opponents, I hardly ever disagree with the advice they give their fighter. Roach is overrated, I can't say Nazim is because no one really rates him that highly...
    Robert Garcia is overrated imo too he did nothing for marg and he should have made sure rios made weight.....donaire was already made when he came to him and mikey was trained by his father

Comment

Originally posted by Atreyu Khalil View Post
      I dont see how he has even improved Bernard. B Hop has looked sloppy and boring in every fight that I have seen him in since Richardson has trained him. I think its B Hops own knowledge and dedication to his craft and body that has allowed him to fight this long and be effective not because of Naazim.
      Hopkins was not sloppy or boring in the Pavlik fight. Who trained Hopkins for Tarver?

Comment

I hate to agree since I like him but you're spot on. I think he's great as a philosopher/teacher but he's not really proven or accomplished as an actual trainer as some people would suggest. I still think he has potential to be a great trainer. Maybe he'll have his chance to really bring a fighter up the rankings with an up comer or possibly Mosley's son?

Comment

Thos are all great trainers you mentioned
          -
          What makes Robert great?

Nacho might be the only on of the group that's considered "great" as far as trainers go.

Comment

Originally posted by Roman Moreno View Post
            How did Mosley look against Mayorga? How did he look against Margarito?

Who trained Hopkins against Calzaghe? Who trained Hopkins against Pavlik?

Anyways, every fighter should have Richardson on their team. At the very least as an assistant and have him in charge of checking gloves. He knows more about the commission rules than the commission does. And, obviously any other trainer does too.
            Mayorga was a different fighter with a different style at a different weight. Margarito was easy pickings for Mosley as he could let off power shots with ease.

Yes Richardson is a great cornerman but that has nothing to do with being a great trainer. If thats the case Leonard Ellerbe is one of the greatest trainers ever.

Comment

Great trainers teach their fighters Mosley and Hopkins were taught nothing from Nazim.

Comment

What makes Robert great?

Nacho might be the only on of the group that's considered "great" as far as trainers go.
                might?????????

Comment

Hopkins was not sloppy or boring in the Pavlik fight. Who trained Hopkins for Tarver?
                  Yes he looked sensational vs a blown up Kelly Pavlik, I totally agree. And he looked great against the Tarver who dropped 40lbs after the Rocky movie.

Comment

Mayorga was a different fighter with a different style at a different weight. Margarito was easy pickings for Mosley as he could let off power shots with ease.

Yes Richardson is a great cornerman but that has nothing to do with being a great trainer. If thats the case Leonard Ellerbe is one of the greatest trainers ever.
                    Is Leonard Ellerbe a great corner man? In what sense? Because, erotically rubs Mayweather shoulders? I can give you examples of Richardson being a great corner man... Now give me one of Ellerbe.

So if Mayorga has a different style at a different weight, then why even mention him as a put down to Richardson?

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
                      Great trainers teach their fighters Mosley and Hopkins were taught nothing from Nazim.

Comment

Working...
                      X