Clear All

• ESPN boxing

so whats the deal?
    i heard some one say that its canceled
    is it gone forever? temporary?
    will it be moving times or channel?

ah men that sucks

Comment

Its "season" is over. They'll be back for Tuesday and Friday fights next year and even plan some PPV and "big-time" fights. Here's a ********* write-up.

ESPN, Main Events deal details!
      By David Greene
      ESPN and Main Events announced today a new twelve-month monthly boxing partnership that will consist of two pay-per-view events, seven "Friday Night Fights" cards and three special events. The previously announced November 4 show that kicks off the series will feature WBA lightweight champion Juan Diaz vs ex-champ Julian Lorcy. The next show will take place on December 3 with Dominick Guinn vs Sergei Liakovich and Rocky Juarez vs Guty Espadas.
      Other TV Notes:
      -- ESPN confirmed that it will return in 2005 to televise 40 fight cards on ESPN2.
      -- Regarding boxing on network television, Main Events' CEO Kathy Duva stated that nothing is currently slated for NBC at the moment, although the network is stated an interest in continuing to broadcast boxing.
      Wednesday, October 20 2004

BOXING BUZZ

Comment

Yeah they are planning to be more active next year including PPV fights and I like that. This will benefit the whole boxing public and the fighters themselves. We will all see a lot more of unknown faces who's got the skills.

Comment

Kudos to ESPN, maybe their luck will change now that Kellerman has been booted.

Comment

Haven't they got a great Juan Diaz vs Julio Diaz fight in the works for February?

That would be nice.

Black

Comment

That would be a great fight but Julio will get clobbered similar to the fight with Pollo.

Comment

You reckon?

It'll be tough I think. Juan is not a big puncher to the head, although his body shots seem solid enough.

I think he'll outwork Julio, who takes breaks often mid-fight. Nice fight, though.

I hope it gets over here to Britain. They used to show ESPN re-runs. Hope they start again.

Black

Comment

Isn't ESPN broadcasted worldwide?
                  Never fear, I believe Don King is launching his own boxing channel. But don't quote me on that. Still in its preliminary stages.

Comment

What happen to espn boxing?

Comment

Working...
                    X