No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: WBA: Jones is Now Champ in Recess, Lebedev Gets Belt

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: WBA: Jones is Now Champ in Recess, Lebedev Gets Belt

On the third day of World Boxing Association's ongoing convention at the Sultan Hotel in Jakarta - WBA Executive Vice President Gilberto Jesus Mendoza, who chairs the world championship committee announced that a group decision was made to downgrade Panamanian cruiserweight Guillermo Jones to the status of "champion in recess" due to his long inactivity in defending the WBA crown (since November 2011). [Click Here To Read More]

Don't suppose that hurricane's heading anywhere near their offices is it?

Comment

You're either a champion or not.

If the WBA weren't happy with Jones' inactivity then force him to fight Lebedev or get stripped and left with nothing but a ranking, no bullshit title.

Comment

Not sure why I expected the WBA to actually strip a Panamanian boxer of their title... stupid me.

Comment

Jones is the WBA version of Alvarez, but Alvarez boxes vs no1 , never a #1 or Mandatory , this will go on 2 next Sept, mark my words...he will not box Vanes nor Lara...2 of the most protected...

Comment

The champ is out to recess. Its actually pretty fitting considering that the WBA really is a kindergarten level organization.

Comment

The WBA sure must like Jones.

Comment

What a joke

Comment

Working...
                X