No announcement yet.

David Haye vs Dereck Chisora

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Haye vs Dereck Chisora

Now I'm not getting overhyped over Haye's win over Chisora, but based on David Haye vs Dereck Chisora who I think is a poor mans Frazier, however how will Haye handle the real deal?

EDIT: i accidentally put Chisora instead of Frazier in poll , Apologies, just vote for "Chisora" if you mean Frazier.
    David Haye
    0.00%
    Dereck Chisora
    100.00%
    Last edited by kendom; 07-17-2012, 02:29 PM.

How would Haye do against Joe Frazier prime-for-prime?

Haye would get KTFO!

Comment

1. Chisora is a poor man's poor man's poor man's Frazier. And we're tazlking poor by central-African standards.

2. Haye would be extremely lucky to survive for three minutes. Frazier KO1.

Comment

Lets be real here, David Haye hasn't the pedigree of Frazier and probably loses this fight by a late stoppage.

He'd have had a punchers chance if he'd ever ran into the heavy unmotivated version of Frazier that Foreman met first time round. Haye can punch very fast and hard and with a more than passable level of accuracy. He is also quite difficult to hit with head shots consistently, so I wouldn't predict an early whitewash for Frazier.

The problem is, Frazier has Haye completely licked on workrate and pressure. I don't fancy that Haye would absorb his left hooks particularly well either.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
          1. Chisora is a poor man's poor man's poor man's Frazier. And we're tazlking poor by central-African standards.

2. Haye would be extremely lucky to survive for three minutes. Frazier KO1.
          Yeah Haye would get worked over probably, how do you see Hayes power coming into the equation?

Comment

Originally posted by kendom View Post
            Yeah Haye would get worked over probably, how do you see Hayes power coming into the equation?
            It's not even in the same ballpark as Foreman's. Maybe not even equal to Ali's.

David Haye is an utter joke at HW. His performance against Wladimir tells me all I need to know about his chances vs. An all-time great like Frazier.

Comment

I don't accept Chisora as a "poor man's Frazier". Not even a poor man's Sam Peter for that matter. Against a prime Frazier, Haye gets dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
                I don't accept Chisora as a "poor man's Frazier". Not even a poor man's Sam Peter for that matter. Against a prime Frazier, Haye gets dominated.

Comment

Originally posted by SBleeder View Post
                  It's not even in the same ballpark as Foreman's. Maybe not even equal to Ali's.
                  David Haye is an utter joke at HW. His performance against Wladimir tells me all I need to know about his chances vs. An all-time great like Frazier.
                  Let's not let our emotions get in the way. Although Haye wouldn't stand a chance against Frazier, the one world class thing that Haye clearly has in spades is power. A lot more than Ali ever had. A hell of a lot more.

I think Haye is a decent HW. He'd be top ten contender in any era I believe. Lose some, win some. His speed and power would be difficult for a lot of guys to handle, but he just doesn't have the full package and his stamina would hurt him too much for him to ever be considered a very good HW.

The expectation of his performance against Wlad made it so much worse than it was. It was awful, but his awful was better than 99% of today's top HWs. We just expected so much more, but it would always be hard for someone to look good against this version of Wlad. Classic spoiler. However, he'd usually be fighting guys closer to his own size historically and against someone the caliber of Frazier, he'd lose, but he'd also win some good fights too.

Comment

Working...
                  X