No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Carl Froch and Andre Ward are Beefing Over Religion

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Carl Froch and Andre Ward are Beefing Over Religion

NEW YORK — Unlike some religious athletes, Andre Ward doesn’t constantly mention his faith during interviews.

[Click Here To Read More]

My view is leave religion out of sport.

I find it bad taste and irrelevant to the public.

It's especially odd in boxing.

'Son of God' is also rather full on.

Strange, find myself agreeing with a couple of things of Froch.

Comment

The English don't get all this 'god given talent' mumbo jumbo.

I hope Froch kicks his ass now.

Comment

Seems like a load of fuss over nothing.

Comment

"Son of God" is a pretty ridiculous name. Might as well have nicknamed himself Jesus Christ. I'm just glad that Ward doesn't bring his religion into his profession like some athletes do.

Comment

Originally posted by Slyboots View Post
            "Son of God" is a pretty ridiculous name. Might as well have nicknamed himself Jesus Christ. I'm just glad that Ward doesn't bring his religion into his profession like some athletes do.
            "Son of God" just shows what a big ego Ward has.

He as far as a person can get from being a Christian, he's as sneaky, slimey and dishonest as they come. Real Christians would need to use crooked referees like Jack Reiss to distract their opponents and permit them to use illegal, dirty tactics like deliberate headbutts.
            Last edited by The Hammer; 12-16-2011, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
              "Son of God" just shows what a big ego Ward has.

He as far as a person can get from being a Christian, being an sneaky, slimey and dishonest as they come. real Christians would need to use crooked referees like Jack Reiss to distract their opponents and permit them to use illegal, dirty tactics like deliberate headbutts.

Comment

Never understood the problem with Ward's nickname. He's a religious person and he has a love for God, he praises him through his nickname and shows his faith.

At least he doesnt force it down our throats like Tim Tebow. People stay *****ing about nothing

Comment

If ya don't know ya don't know

Don't have to be a religious scholar to understand Ward's view point about his Christian faith. Some of comments show lack of understanding of Christianity which is if you don't know about something why comment.......

Comment

It would have been pretty awesome had Froch come out with "I'll beat you so badly you'll lose your faith in God" but he's too nice a guy for that type of thing.

Comment

Working...
                    X