No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Roach: If Dawson Stays Focused, He Can Beat Hopkins

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Roach: If Dawson Stays Focused, He Can Beat Hopkins

Trainer Freddie Roach recently gave his opinion on the upcoming light heavyweight battle between WBC champion Bernard Hopkins and mandatory contender Chad Dawson. The fight will happen on October 15th at Staples Center in Los Angeles. If Dawson can stay mentally focused and use his boxing skills, Roach believes the younger fighter has a good chance to upset the 46-year-old veteran.

[Click Here To Read More]

roach was a horrible trainer for hopkins. hopkins fought some sort of pseudo khan-pac move and explode style against calzaghe when he should have held his ground more because he was getting the better of the exchanges every time. when you are buckling a guys knees with clean punches and not even getting hit in return you should go for it more. he let calzaghe appear to do more when he really wasn't doing anything at all. hopkins still should have won both his fights with roach but it still wasn't a good fit.

also i don't think dawson can slip right hands at all. he seems way too square like calzaghe. will hopkins let history repeat itself and allow dawson to simply throw more and win the fight without landing anything clean? will the judges be competent this time? you gotta assume that they won't since this is boxing.
    Last edited by daggum; 08-16-2011, 04:54 AM.

Comment

Roach almost ruined Hopkins just as he ruined Moorer. Nard has boxed great since he left Roach but his performance vs Calzaghe was not impressive. Roach said afterwards that Hopkins should retire and he saw bad signs from him. Since then Pavlik, Jones and Pascal and have all come a cropper which kinda shows that Roach is not an all round tariner . He only works well with fighters who havce speed advantages.

Freddie probably hopes Dawson wins but I reckon he expects Hopkins to have a masterful display if he is honest.The wasy Dawson looked in his last fight, I cant see how he beats Hopkins.

Comment

Originally posted by PD21 View Post
        Roach almost ruined Hopkins just as he ruined Moorer. Nard has boxed great since he left Roach but his performance vs Calzaghe was not impressive. Roach said afterwards that Hopkins should retire and he saw bad signs from him. Since then Pavlik, Jones and Pascal and have all come a cropper which kinda shows that Roach is not an all round tariner . He only works well with fighters who havce speed advantages.

Freddie probably hopes Dawson wins but I reckon he expects Hopkins to have a masterful display if he is honest.The wasy Dawson looked in his last fight, I cant see how he beats Hopkins.
        the answer from a ***** would be STEROIDS/PEDS! that is the reason! also the reason why sergio improved. . .

Comment

Before Dawson got caught with every power punches Pascal was throwing, Dawson was the next best thing. Now, people are not sure if he will be able to beat a 46 year old man. Hopkins, if is body can follow, will school Dawson and it's not a question of hate, it's just what i saw here, live in Montreal and Quebec city.

Comment

I got my money on Bernard Hopkins losing to Chad Dawson

Comment

If Chad keeps his workrate as low as he has in the past B-Hop will pick him apart.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post
                roach was a horrible trainer for hopkins. hopkins fought some sort of pseudo khan-pac move and explode style against calzaghe when he should have held his ground more because he was getting the better of the exchanges every time. when you are buckling a guys knees with clean punches and not even getting hit in return you should go for it more. he let calzaghe appear to do more when he really wasn't doing anything at all. hopkins still should have won both his fights with roach but it still wasn't a good fit.

also i don't think dawson can slip right hands at all. he seems way too square like calzaghe. will hopkins let history repeat itself and allow dawson to simply throw more and win the fight without landing anything clean? will the judges be competent this time? you gotta assume that they won't since this is boxing.
                Dawson don't have the work rate of the feminine spider web slapper. Combine that with Dawson's leaky defense is gonna make this fight target practice for Hopkins. Looking forward to this fight because it's gonna shut up all these clowns that say Hopkins has been afraid of Dawson.

Comment

Easy win for Hopkins

Hopkins will pick him apart will win lopsided victory.

Comment

Originally posted by daggum View Post

Dawson can slip and duck right hands, he does it often. Hopkins doesn't have fast hands, he picks his spots, which will be easy for Dawson to slip punches. Also Dawson is a good counter-puncher.

Comment

Working...
                    X