Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Manny Pacquiao THE GOAT or one of the GOAT?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Manny Pacquiao THE GOAT or one of the GOAT?

* January 2nd, 2011 6:16 pm CT

He has won 8 world titles in as many weight divisions. He's beaten legends, and future hall of fame fighters. He's has put the sport of boxing on his back and he's become a boxing household name. What else does Manny Pacquiao need to do in order to get the title of "greatest of all time?"

There are a few names that merit the title of ONE of the greatest of all time, but who is THE greatest of all time. Some say that former heavyweight world champion Muhammad Ali is the greatest of all time. Is he though?

When you look at the numbers it should be a no brainer for Manny Pacquiao. 8 world titles in 8 weight divisions is a very strong argument. Pacquiao has done more than just win titles. He's put an entire nation on his back and he's given the Philippines hope, and something to be very proud of.

There hasn't been anyone in boxing since Mike Tyson that has come along and ignited the sport like Manny Pacquiao has. So why are some boxing experts reluctant to recognize him as the greatest fighter of all time?

Great fighters have lived in different times. Perhaps that's the reason? Is it fair to call someone the greatest of all time when they were born in a different era than another potential GOAT fighter? Well maybe, but I know this much, Pacquiao is the greatest fighter of this era by far.

Mississippians that I have spoken to about this have mixed feelings. I spoke with Justin Manning of Jackson, MS who happens to be a big Manny Pacquiao fan. Manning makes a strong argument for Pacquiao, "Nobody will ever come along and win 8 world titles in 8 weight divisions. Come on get real, Pacquiao is the greatest that ever lived, period!"

I posed the same question to James Lindsey of Canton, Mississippi. Lindsey leans more toward the ONE of the greatest of all time title, "He's definitely one of the greatest, but it's tough to title him THE greatest when other great fighters have fought in different times." Lindsey goes on to say, " Pacquiao has definitely carved his way into the hall of fame, and will go down as one of the greatest that has ever lived."

History will tell the story, and the boxing historians will debate it for years to come. Pacquiao has certainly made his mark, and depending on the person you talk to, he's either the greatest, or one of the greatest that has ever put the gloves on.

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports...ne-of-the-goat

one of the goats no doubt....the greatest southpaw of all time 3 fights ago?.....cmon now!...

Comment

the goat!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Greatest Fraud of all time that's for sure. He has Mayweather beat.

Comment

Originally posted by [KLTP] -Kirby- View Post
          Greatest Fraud of all time that's for sure. He has Mayweather beat.
          Mexicans are Fraud.. Pac can retire now and ome people already considered him Top 10 ATG .. FYI, it's no use explaining to a ****sexual
          Last edited by Sonic Flood; 01-03-2011, 02:02 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Flood View Post
            Mexicans are Fraud.. Pac can retired and already a some people already considered him Top 10 ATG except for gays.
            wtf b.itch.................

Comment

Originally posted by Sonic Flood View Post
              Mexicans are Fraud.. Pac can retired and already a some people already considered him Top 10 ATG except for gays.
              Hahahahaha. Where's that gay Filipino reaction to Hatton Pacquiao? This mothafudga is the short fat midget in the back.

Comment

Hahahahaha. Where's that gay Filipino reaction to Hatton Pacquiao? This mothafudga is the short fat midget in the back.
                You're a ****
                Last edited by Sonic Flood; 01-03-2011, 02:07 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jiraiyasama View Post

* January 2nd, 2011 6:16 pm CT

He has won 8 world titles in as many weight divisions. He's beaten legends, and future hall of fame fighters. He's has put the sport of boxing on his back and he's become a boxing household name. What else does Manny Pacquiao need to do in order to get the title of "greatest of all time?"

There are a few names that merit the title of ONE of the greatest of all time, but who is THE greatest of all time. Some say that former heavyweight world champion Muhammad Ali is the greatest of all time. Is he though?

When you look at the numbers it should be a no brainer for Manny Pacquiao. 8 world titles in 8 weight divisions is a very strong argument. Pacquiao has done more than just win titles. He's put an entire nation on his back and he's given the Philippines hope, and something to be very proud of.

There hasn't been anyone in boxing since Mike Tyson that has come along and ignited the sport like Manny Pacquiao has. So why are some boxing experts reluctant to recognize him as the greatest fighter of all time?

Great fighters have lived in different times. Perhaps that's the reason? Is it fair to call someone the greatest of all time when they were born in a different era than another potential GOAT fighter? Well maybe, but I know this much, Pacquiao is the greatest fighter of this era by far.

Mississippians that I have spoken to about this have mixed feelings. I spoke with Justin Manning of Jackson, MS who happens to be a big Manny Pacquiao fan. Manning makes a strong argument for Pacquiao, "Nobody will ever come along and win 8 world titles in 8 weight divisions. Come on get real, Pacquiao is the greatest that ever lived, period!"

I posed the same question to James Lindsey of Canton, Mississippi. Lindsey leans more toward the ONE of the greatest of all time title, "He's definitely one of the greatest, but it's tough to title him THE greatest when other great fighters have fought in different times." Lindsey goes on to say, " Pacquiao has definitely carved his way into the hall of fame, and will go down as one of the greatest that has ever lived."

History will tell the story, and the boxing historians will debate it for years to come. Pacquiao has certainly made his mark, and depending on the person you talk to, he's either the greatest, or one of the greatest that has ever put the gloves on.

http://www.examiner.com/fight-sports...ne-of-the-goat
                  I like Pacquiao. "Love it or hate it", Pacquiao have put boxing back on the map and made us boxing fans together with the masses around the world sit up and look. He is the best ambasssador of the sport today.

However, I am still not ready to call him GOAT. There are tree fights I think he must win convincingly before I consider him such. Berto, jmm, and floyd.

My opinion.

Comment

the boy aint even a flip mofo, he's a rican who dickrides pac when itcomes to mexacan fighters but againts pac when it comes to rican fihgters like cotto....

Comment

Working...
                    X