Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis Prime for Prime.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• George Foreman vs Lennox Lewis Prime for Prime.

Two big heavyweights with destructive power.
    15 ROUNDS
    VENUE - MANILLA ARENA

Who wins and why?

Foreman wins by knockout,its a really bad style match-up for LL
    Slugfester Slugfester likes this.

Comment

Originally posted by Dubstep Demon View Post
      Foreman wins by knockout,its a really bad style match-up for LL
      Not really...

Lennox is bigger, faster, more skilled with a longer reach than Foreman.

Id give LL the slight advantage, but itd be a great fight to see.
      Dr. Z Dr. Z moneytheman Ascended like this.

Comment

basically goes the same as foreman-moorer but with lewis not getting knocked out

Comment

lennox gets kod by one punch....

Comment

Let's see.....Lennox has no significant reach advantage here, has an inferior jab to a prime Foreman, has no real speed advantage over George, and is going in with a less than steller chin against a top-2 hardest Heavyweight puncher. Sounds like bad news for Lennox to me: Early KO for Foreman and a trip to the ER for Lewis

Poet

Comment

A peak carefull Lewis who doesnt paw with the jab could make it interesting. George in his prime trim years didnt really posses any significant boxing skills, guys like Piralta and Young all bothered him because they werent stand still victims. Lewis isnt gonna pose there for foreman.

I see only 2 ways this fight can go. Lewis by decision, or Foreman by ko.

Comment

A prime Foreman could beat anybody that stood in there with him. It took defensive wizards like Ali and Jimmy Young to survive the early onslaught and extend him. Lewis was not a defensive wizard. He often stood and traded when his opponent left him no choice. Foreman would come out on top.

Though I think Lewis is a far much better fighter and champion, I think stylistically, Chris Byrd would present more problems to Big George than Lennox could.

Comment

Originally posted by TBear View Post
                  A prime Foreman could beat anybody that stood in there with him. It took defensive wizards like Ali and Jimmy Young to survive the early onslaught and extend him. Lewis was not a defensive wizard. He often stood and traded when his opponent left him no choice. Foreman would come out on top.

Though I think Lewis is a far much better fighter and champion, I think stylistically, Chris Byrd would present more problems to Big George than Lennox could.
                  Lewis didnt want to trade with guys like Holyfield, why would he put himself at risk against George? I agree sometimes he would get lazy and let it go, but when he stuck to the jab he made things stick. Even Foreman himself praised Lennox for his jab.

And i also think there's something to be said about Lewis' power. As good as Foreman's chin was he was still knocked down and stunned by lesser punchers than Lewis. In this fight Foreman would not be the only guy with the power advantage.

Comment

Originally posted by Boogie Nights View Post
                    Lewis didnt want to trade with guys like Holyfield, why would he put himself at risk against George? I agree sometimes he would get lazy and let it go, but when he stuck to the jab he made things stick. Even Foreman himself praised Lennox for his jab.

And i also think there's something to be said about Lewis' power. As good as Foreman's chin was he was still knocked down and stunned by lesser punchers than Lewis. In this fight Foreman would not be the only guy with the power advantage.
                    Who are these "Lesser Punchers" who put Foreman down?

Comment

Working...
                    X